FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

You saying this like its a rarity. That being said, last time I had a fried egg on my burger (was a cemita) I had the worst food poisoning of my life. :sick: Was in my ex’ apt and she had 2 chick roommates an felt bad I was bombing the only bathroom. :lol: I was feeling too ****ty to go back home.
Dang

As if I said “Yo, let me suggest something you’ve never tried before, a burger with an egg on top! It’s my personal secret!”
lol i didn't even see your original comment

i was just going off of everyone commenting about an egg on a burger

427F4085-EDF0-44F4-A8D3-7F2AF3F63743.jpeg

Pretty good. The bones were just barely hanging on when they were done - how I like it.

I smoked them plain for a few hours, then wrapped in foil until 205° then threw them back on for 10 minutes or so to darken the surface a little.

As if I said “Yo, let me suggest something you’ve never tried before, a burger with an egg on top! It’s my personal secret!”
Thats essentially what you said, just a dramatic version. :lol:
No it's not. 😂
Y’all ever have a burger with an egg on top? It’s pretty good I think.
That's not even close to "I got a secret that's FYE!"

He literally said "Ever tried it? Pretty good." Your interpretation was "Let me suggest something you’ve never tried before! It’s my personal secret!" That's your interpretation, not his message.

-foe

427F4085-EDF0-44F4-A8D3-7F2AF3F63743.jpeg

Pretty good. The bones were just barely hanging on when they were done - how I like it.

I smoked them plain for a few hours, then wrapped in foil until 205° then threw them back on for 10 minutes or so to darken the surface a little.
did you put anything in the foil when you wrapped it?

im about to get in to get in to smoking too...long awaited but im ready:emoji_fire:

did you put anything in the foil when you wrapped it?

im about to get in to get in to smoking too...long awaited but im ready:emoji_fire:
A few slices of unsalted butter and just some generic barbecue sauce. I’ve tried brown sugar and beef broth all that stuff before but it’s a bit much I think. The foil stops them drying out anyway and you can’t really add moisture - just a bit of a glaze.

How does it compare with American bbq sauces

More umami, thinner, not overly sweet or tangy
Yeah I don’t think it’s even remotely similar to what one would think of with an American bbq. Not thick at all.

I’m pretty sure it’s the darker sauce that gets drizzled on some of the rolls at sushi places. First place my brain went when I had it.

Back
Top Bottom