FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Detroit Style @ Pig & Rooster- Baltimore
F112BD63-D8D5-48E1-8881-5D33FA1D4C7A.jpeg

after losing 85lbs in the last year, I learned that I’d personally rather eat in a calorie deficit with carbs and workouts rather than restrict carbs as my main way to reach / maintain a severe deficit.
Interesting. So did you have a limit on calories but not on carbs?

-foe

Always liked Bojangles. No Bo Berry biscuit?
Is this place good? We don't have any around here. Bo Berry Biscuit sounds like a made up name :lol:

Nah tbh I was mainly trolling cause I think people should do whatever works for them

But after losing 85lbs in the last year, I learned that I’d personally rather eat in a calorie deficit with carbs and workouts rather than restrict carbs as my main way to reach / maintain a severe deficit.
85lbs! Congrats buddy. Good job. Working out definitely the way to go. But whatever diet or plan that works for ppl is all good. So long as they're not starving themselves. What's your routine?

It seems like a lot of people think carbs are bad and need to avoid them. Maybe just eat better carb sources and of course control the portions if you’re not an active person.

It seems like a lot of people think carbs are bad and need to avoid them. Maybe just eat better carb sources and of course control the portions if you’re not an active person.
Not gonna lie, I have no idea on the science behind carbs sources. I definitely just think 'Carbs = weight gain,' so I started doing keto with a goal of no more than 40 carbs a day 3 weeks ago. I've lost 14 pounds so far. 🤷‍♂️

Like I hear 'empty carbs', but I'm not familiar.

-foe

Interesting. So did you have a limit on calories but not on carbs?

-foe
Correct. I actually NEED carbs or I feel my carb loss in my workouts. It ain’t fun.

Coincidentally, trying to be in a calorie deficit also ended up included severely reducing carbs, but I never counted them. Idk how much I get in a day, but I get carbs for sure.

Not gonna lie, I have no idea on the science behind carbs sources. I definitely just think 'Carbs = weight gain,' so I started doing keto with a goal of no more than 40 carbs a day 3 weeks ago. I've lost 14 pounds so far. 🤷‍♂️

-foe
Carbs = energy

The issue is that most carb heavy foods are often calorie heavy as well. Cake, baked goods, candy, etc.

The problem is that when you come out of your keto diet and start eating regularly .. you won’t be in the deficit you created in keto. So most people put it back on because keto isn’t a long term solution.

Learning what a calorie deficit is, what your caloric maintenance is, is what will keep it off.

Is this place good? We don't have any around here. Bo Berry Biscuit sounds like a made up name :lol:

85lbs! Congrats buddy. Good job. Working out definitely the way to go. But whatever diet or plan that works for ppl is all good. So long as they're not starving themselves. What's your routine?
Thanks!

I agree, like I said I was just poking fun. Lol

My routine is maintaining a calorie deficit strictly through my week (Sunday - Thursday ) and allowing a tiny bit of wiggle room to get near my “maintenance” intake on Friday / Saturday.

I workout Mon-Wed, as well as Saturday mornings.

Nah tbh I was mainly trolling cause I think people should do whatever works for them

But after losing 85lbs in the last year, I learned that I’d personally rather eat in a calorie deficit with carbs and workouts rather than restrict carbs as my main way to reach / maintain a severe deficit.
Gotchu. I just did it to see how my body would react. I lost probably 10-12 pounds. After I got off it i gained back about half of it. I'm not a carb boy like most in here, so my loss while obvious wasn't substantial.

-foe
Carbs basically break down as sugar in your body.

Carbs basically break down as sugar in your body.
OK, I guess I lied when I said that I didn't know the science behind carbs. I understand that carbs = energy, but I guess I do have a negative view of carbs in my mind, probably because your typical American (and Italian, which is what I am), consumes entirely too many carbs.
Carbs = energy

The issue is that most carb heavy foods are often calorie heavy as well. Cake, baked goods, candy, etc.

The problem is that when you come out of your keto diet and start eating regularly .. you won’t be in the deficit you created in keto. So most people put it back on because keto isn’t a long term solution.

Learning what a calorie deficit is, what your caloric maintenance is, is what will keep it off.
I guess I've never stopped and thought about the possibility of consuming low calorie carbs. So what are some of your favorite low cal carbs?

-foe

OK, I guess I lied when I said that I didn't know the science behind carbs. I understand that carbs = energy, but I guess I do have a negative view of carbs in my mind, probably because your typical American (and Italian, which is what I am), consumes entirely too many carbs.

I guess I've never stopped and thought about the possibility of consuming low calorie carbs. So what are some of your favorite low cal carbs?

-foe
Just find low calorie options bro that have carbs in them. Most things have carbs.

Protein bars have some carbs. 190 calories, mad protein, with some carbs. My afternoon snack in my deficit is 1 serving (25) cheez itz. 160 calories. They’re basically just carbs.

Tuesday’s we have tacos.. so i have 2 small tortillas, one for each taco. And then help myself to extra ground beef with my fork for a bit more protein and calories. Wednesday lately have been some spicy hot dogs, I split 1 hot dog bun in half and eat one half the bun with each dog.

Back
Top Bottom