FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Detroit Style @ Pig & Rooster- Baltimore
F112BD63-D8D5-48E1-8881-5D33FA1D4C7A.jpeg
Must be a cheat day cot damn.

OK, I guess I lied when I said that I didn't know the science behind carbs. I understand that carbs = energy, but I guess I do have a negative view of carbs in my mind, probably because your typical American (and Italian, which is what I am), consumes entirely too many carbs.

Honestly, moving with the, "I guess I do have a negative view of carbs in my mind," approach wouldn't hurt you. It's the safe bet but don't ignore other corners of nutrition. The avoidance of carbs isn't the end all / be all. The quality of the carb matters.
Simple vs. Complex Carbs. I would start reading up on that if I were you.

Most of the people in this country don't understand moderation, portion control, and don't burn enough calories.

If you are active enough, you could occasionally dabble in the carb wars without it hurting you too much but most of us aren't active enough.

But also remember the portion sizes that we are given are nowhere near what they should be.

Honestly, I think it's part of a grand scheme to keep everybody fat, sick, and dependent on drugs to treat symptoms caused from unhealthy eating/lack of exercise. (Everything is $ motivated)

Generally see folks leave it on the table if you're eating bread/rolls, baked potatoes, etc on a daily basis where you'd need it.

I pretty much just cook with it, so leave it in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom