FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If you ask 10 random people what they are listening for when they SMACK it, they wouldn't know what the hell they were doing.

That is an old folk tactic that has no merit.
I’m not listening for anything

I was told that the more you feel it slightly jiggle in your hand = the better it is because that’s more juices.

Following the chart is the best method.

Old folks going to have to take an L on this one.

As I said, ask 10 random people that use the tap method to pick out a watermelon to tell you what they are looking/listening for. You will get 6 different answers.

PXL_20220720_182604214.jpg

Not the same as what y’all are saying about fruit, but salt on cucumbers :pimp:

I haven’t tried tajin or any of the other things I need to soon

I go to Subway as well...not a fan of Chipotle. How was the Spicy Italian? What did you put on it? Glad I'm not the only one who like Subway in here, lol.
I think it's salami and pepperoni. I usually put lettuce, a little spinach, a little onion, olives, provolone, mayo, mustard, salt & pepper, and let them toast it.

I think it's salami and pepperoni. I usually put lettuce, a little spinach, a little onion, olives, provolone, mayo, mustard, salt & pepper, and let them toast it.
I ate so many spicy Italians in college. I agree subway is suspect and I don’t go there anymore because there’s way better options where I’m at now. TO ME pepperoni and salami quality matter less on a sub than say turkey or roast beef. Nasty turkey is inedible IMO. Obviously a super nice Italian cold cut is far superior, but as a five dollar sub when I didn’t have a ton of money, it got the job done.

My wife grew up in Ohio where they have decent watermelon - but she always refused to eat it so we never got it - some childhood bad experience.

Last summer somehow she ate some and discovered it is delicious - but she always covers it in some spicy crap. Totally ruins it.
Tajin? If so still fire with that but I do salt most times

Following the chart is the best method.

Old folks going to have to take an L on this one.

As I said, ask 10 random people that use the tap method to pick out a watermelon to tell you what they are looking/listening for. You will get 6 different answers.
Also heard round not oblong and some discoloration is good. Mentioned being oblong and very green it’s over ripe and stayed growing to long

Back
Top Bottom