FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lately, Sesame > General. There’s cut up chilis in General but they don’t even make the chicken or sauce taste spicier.

Is their's that much better than "AUthentic" (whatever that even means) spots?

jape jape DO we view Panda the same as Chipotle/SUbway/McDonalds?
I'd say it's the McDonald's of American Chinese food as far as its prominence in the US.

The question would be is if they purposely sold terribly unhealthy and questionable food until they got found out.

I haven't had Panda Express since I was a child.

There’s no nearby Panda Express here. Had it once at a mall food court near my university. Tried orange chicken at a takeout spot and not a fan. Could taste too much of the bitter white part of the rind in the chicken and sauce.

There’s no nearby Panda Express here. Had it once at a mall food court near my university. Tried orange chicken at a takeout spot and not a fan. Could taste too much of the bitter white part of the rind in the chicken and sauce.
That’s been my experience with non-Panda orange chicken. There’s usually a bitterness to it that I don’t like.

Question for all.

Overheard a few folks talking about this while I was in line to get my oil changed.

But If you could only pick one CHICKEN meal from an (American) Asian takeout spot, what would it be for you?

I would probably go with the General Tso's without second guess.
Sweet and sour chicken without the sauce 😂 or fried half chicken

The batter on sweet and sour chicken is great. One of the local spots switched to a bread crumb katsu kinda batter and I never ordered it from them again.

Sweet and sour chicken without the sauce
giphy.webp

Back
Top Bottom