FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yeah. I don't think that's an authentic Hawaiian dish. Never heard of it before and doesn't look like other Hawaiian food I've eaten.

I think you're right that whoever came up with just called it that because of the pineapple. Nothing realy Hawaiian about olives or "haystacks" for that matter.
It’s not a Hawaiian dish.

Seen a Hawaiian restaurant owner ranting on tiktok this morning about a few things and this came up, and it resonated with me. I had to google it cause I’d never heard of it.

Panda express. Mad disappointed
20220728_120154.jpg
20220728_120157.jpg

Panda's food is trash, smh. The chinese food in the mall food court is way better than that slop.

I rock with Uyghur food heavy. Lengmen noodle is so fire, and they mess with lamb heavy too. This spot got lamb kidney kebab ima have to try next time i go.

This joint so extra, has to just be for Twitter. Otherwise a regular breakfast is "Babe I'd **** **** ***** your mother ******* **** **** ****** waffles right now"
Lol facts. If thats the case then food is the gateway to some good pums.

Hood Chinese food spots >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Panda Express
Yeah, when I see Panda express praise, I automatically assume that said poster doesn't have any hood/mall Chinese food spots nearby. The food taste like you're eating candy.

This joint so extra, has to just be for Twitter. Otherwise a regular breakfast is "Babe I'd **** **** ***** your mother ******* **** **** ****** waffles right now"
It's a TikTok / younger generation way of talking :lol:

Ol girl is viral on TikTok and younger crowd loves her cause she speaks like Gen Z.

So I’ve been camping the last few days. The place had a basic “bbq hut” so I threw some stuff in the car. I had a decent meal planned for when I arrived but it was a travesty. I had taken a bag of lump wood charcoal from the corner of my garage - and I remember why I left it in the corner. It was all the small broken pieces and barely got any temperature. Took forever to get going and then forever to cook anything.

Last night just picked up a cheap bag at the gas station and it was tons better. Grilled some marinated pork steaks and they were pretty good.

21A671C0-D62C-4C75-A667-62265F29F958.jpeg

B9FBD56F-8479-4E25-A769-740A5032E9F6.jpeg

And today on my way home I stopped at a place for a large GF fish supper. It was probably the best I’ve ever had - the batter was really good. Half way through I regretted the large one though - it was a lot. You can’t see it in the picture but there were 2 decent sized pieces of fish. It’s a total tourist trap - at a place where lots of bikers go because the roads are beautiful and it’s basically on the road to anywhere - so it was expensive but really good.

85CCE99A-EF0D-4618-A1F5-BE186253B899.jpeg

Camping done right :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

If i'm making sandwiches at home, most of the time I want them on potato bread or Hawaiian bread.

Went to one of NYC's best 🍕 joints called New Park Pizza. Been few years since I last went so it was long overdue. This joint has the softest dough I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. I mean it's super soft dough & the cheese is very good too + the little bit of flour thrown on the crust mixed with the char from the undercarriage is 🍕 perfection 🤤.

Also, we went to Little Guyana(Liberty Ave) for some of my sis-in-laws fave Guyanese & Islander spots :pimp: . She got regular channa(chickpeas), pholourie(Pholourie is a snack food of Indo-Caribbean origin that is commonly eaten in Trinidad and Tobago as well as in Guyana, Suriname and other parts of the Caribbean. It consists of fried, spiced spilt pea and flour dough balls that are served with a chutney), Aloo curry(potato curry) & pine tart.

I got yellow daal(lentil) with white rice topped off with aloo curry & some roti. Man, the aloo were so 🔥. I've never had this style roti before. Us Pakistanis make it circular but this roti was super aromatic. The pine tart was a good attempt but not sweet enough. Got some Jamaican cream soda & peanut punch. Cream Soda reminded me of my childhood & the peanut punch I'm saving for another day. We REALLY wanted doubles but both places we went to were out
20220728_194445.jpg
20220728_194545.jpg
20220728_194749.jpg
20220728_194819.jpg
20220728_201303.jpg
20220728_203040.jpg
20220728_220943.jpg
20220728_221010.jpg
20220728_221149.jpg
20220728_221359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom