FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Frank Pepe's is pretty decent. Solid last bit of bad eating for a while.
20220731_201619.jpg

Good choice bro 👍.

Bro, where'd you get the choco taco? It looks 🔥🔥
A place called Dessert Dealer that's a part of a Pizza Joint Called Parlor Pizza. The Pizza itself is from Piece Brewery. Went to Parlor just for the dessert.

Frank Pepe's is pretty decent. Solid last bit of bad eating for a while.
20220731_201619.jpg
Always wanted to try Frank Pepe. Is this the one in MD tho? Wondering if it's worth the drive when I'm up in DC 🤔

A place called Dessert Dealer that's a part of a Pizza Joint Called Parlor Pizza. The Pizza itself is from Piece Brewery. Went to Parlor just for the dessert.

Always wanted to try Frank Pepe. Is this the one in MD tho? Wondering if it's worth trying when I'm up in DC 🤔
It's the one in Alexandria, still in the DC area. Joint is hopping though, had to order 4 hours ahead. If you're a pizza head or nearby it's worth checking off the list.

My sister-in-law brought me some doubles just now since her & my bro were back on Liberty Ave just now. We missed out on this savory wonderful dish when we all went last Thurs since it sells out superfast.

What we have here is puri(sometimes spelled poori) is a deep-fried bread made from unleavened whole-wheat flour that originated in India. It is eaten for breakfast or as a snack or light meal. It's usually served with a curry or bhaji, as in puri bhaji, but may also be eaten with sweet dishes.

I asked her what's in it & she told me Its puri with channa, tamarind chutney and a little pepper sauce. It all works so damn well together. I really liked it. Got to go back to Liberty asap & get more of this fine 🇬🇾 cuisine.
IMG-20220731-WA0000.jpg

Had "Doubles" for the first time yesterday.

Was a fan. Would have preferred it with some steaks instead of chickpeas though.

Either way, still good.

1stwitit 1stwitit

Wassup with those bread puddings? Easy to make?
Super easy, I had some bread that I thought I’d use on Friday and it got stale.

I warmed about two cups of milk, a few tbps of butter, 1/3 cup of sugar and a little vanilla. Once that’s combined and cooled I whisked in 4 eggs. Pour that over the cut up bread and baked at 350° for about half hour or so. Sprinkle cinnamon before you bake if you’d like.

Always thought those "soft" cookies tasted highly chemical. Even the regular ones. Even the SOft Batch. It was like they were hard cookies trying to be soft so I would just opt for the hard ones.

But yea, that sounds horrible.

My air fryer is also my slow cooker and pressure cooker so it's been an excellent addition.

How do you use the air fryer as a pressure cooker? Or are you saying it's an added feature on your particular model?

Relative to a macaroni pie it is creamier

Depending on how much milk is used, bake time, cheese used, and the binders used a Southern style comes out different from the Caribbean style

Maybe "less firm" is a better term

Talking about the differences between this end product...
Southern...

The Caribbean...

Damn! Macaroni pie, callaloo, stew chicken and rice was a staple Sunday dinner for most Caribbean households. Long time since I've had that combo. These days it usually only happens during a Holiday for me and mine.

Brisket and links.
B74527F8-CFCB-4722-950A-975E88731EE9.jpeg

I've never had the pleasure of eating authentic southern BBQ. This looks really good

Back
Top Bottom