FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

770640D5-77C8-45E8-9002-A2B98C40FFA7.jpeg
I don’t really like pre made sauce as I always make mine. But this has to be my favorite jarred sauce. Made some ground beef and mixing it with this and these breadsticks from target. The bomb
8F3D8132-3931-41CB-AE3D-06B03C267E9D.jpeg

AD be looking like Kyrie at times.

Cheese fries and ranch sounds disGUSTING

I also don't understand folks eating after eachother in 2022. Folks be reckless.

damn dude on the right got hella fat since he's got some e-fame.

Haven't had a a real dud of a meal in a minute up until Saturday. Went to a spot called The Shed that seems to always be busy. They have 3 locations on Long Island and it looked decent from all outward appearances. We quickly learned otherwise.

On the bright side they let us know right away that the food was gonna be trash with these wings:
0.jpg

This was supposed to be some kind of dill pickle dry rub with a dipping sauce that was a hybrid of blue cheese and ranch. When they sent them out to us we honestly thought they forgot to throw them in the fryer, but they were hot so we dug in. The wings were mush, but the most upsetting part was the rub itself. It stuck to your fingers and caked up the way it would if you mixed up your wet hand and dry hand when making fried chicken. It also made you cough like eating something that has too much powdered sugar on it and it turned to quick-dry cement on the back of your teeth. Not to mention the seasoning was just weird. Oddly sweet and almost tasted like there was some cinnamon in there. At first I refused to believe this was the correct way these wings were supposed to be, but they had to make it through multiple layers of inspection before they hit the table. Dipping sauce was fine enough, but couldn't salvage this mess.

Girlfriend got this salad:
0-1.jpg

I've honestly never seen a more disrespectful portion of chicken for a salad that was close to $20. To say it was 2 ounces of chicken would be too generous. Chicken was also bland as he'll. Dressing was OKAY, but the proportions on this thing were all out of wack. She did not enjoy and neither did I.

Decided to roll the dice and get a lobster roll:
0-2.jpg

I almost rage-quit eating this thing when I went to pick it up and the entire bottom of the bun split and all of the contents fell out because it was so saturated in butter. This was a fork and knife job, and not a very good one at that. Lobster was tough and the bun's saturation spilled over to the fries. The fries, however, were actually okay. Not the greatest, but satisfactory. The pickle was indescribably weird with seemingly no vinegar or sweetness to it. Slaw had too much celery seed. Another dud.

Their saving graces were their drinks and their service, but the entire experience felt like they wanted to cultivate a cool ambiance so badly that they were willing to sacrifice the customer in the process. Will not return.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Yikes! Based on your description, those sound like the worst wings of all-time!

I’m assuming you said no when the waiter or waitress asked if you wanted dessert? Lol

wife said the same thing. She tried warming it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds and still couldn't get over the taste...
Yea. Definitely got a weird aftertaste. The last time I had a "new flavor" snack that was as good or better than the original was the mocha chocolate Kit Kat. Also those vanilla dipped Oroes were real good.

Little late night food run. Went to Cherry Valley in Whitestone. I got the tuna melt on a hero & onion rings. I asked for Yuka fries but unfortunately they were out so went with the onion rings instead. Place doesn't look like much from the outside but they have slamming sandwiches & the grill is 24/7.

The tuna was 👌 & the crunch from the toasted bread was perfect. I love driving around late night & being a night crawler :lol: so few cars out & nothing but open roads galore. Lady behind the counter was a sweetheart.
20220802_003034.jpg
20220802_003206.jpg
20220802_003207.jpg
20220802_011750.jpg

Haven't had a a real dud of a meal in a minute up until Saturday. Went to a spot called The Shed that seems to always be busy. They have 3 locations on Long Island and it looked decent from all outward appearances. We quickly learned otherwise.

On the bright side they let us know right away that the food was gonna be trash with these wings:
0.jpg

This was supposed to be some kind of dill pickle dry rub with a dipping sauce that was a hybrid of blue cheese and ranch. When they sent them out to us we honestly thought they forgot to throw them in the fryer, but they were hot so we dug in. The wings were mush, but the most upsetting part was the rub itself. It stuck to your fingers and caked up the way it would if you mixed up your wet hand and dry hand when making fried chicken. It also made you cough like eating something that has too much powdered sugar on it and it turned to quick-dry cement on the back of your teeth. Not to mention the seasoning was just weird. Oddly sweet and almost tasted like there was some cinnamon in there. At first I refused to believe this was the correct way these wings were supposed to be, but they had to make it through multiple layers of inspection before they hit the table. Dipping sauce was fine enough, but couldn't salvage this mess.

Girlfriend got this salad:
0-1.jpg

I've honestly never seen a more disrespectful portion of chicken for a salad that was close to $20. To say it was 2 ounces of chicken would be too generous. Chicken was also bland as he'll. Dressing was OKAY, but the proportions on this thing were all out of wack. She did not enjoy and neither did I.

Decided to roll the dice and get a lobster roll:
0-2.jpg

I almost rage-quit eating this thing when I went to pick it up and the entire bottom of the bun split and all of the contents fell out because it was so saturated in butter. This was a fork and knife job, and not a very good one at that. Lobster was tough and the bun's saturation spilled over to the fries. The fries, however, were actually okay. Not the greatest, but satisfactory. The pickle was indescribably weird with seemingly no vinegar or sweetness to it. Slaw had too much celery seed. Another dud.

Their saving graces were their drinks and their service, but the entire experience felt like they wanted to cultivate a cool ambiance so badly that they were willing to sacrifice the customer in the process. Will not return.

Wings ashier than Kevin Durants ankles

0.jpg

Got that dry heel callous dust on em :smh:

Back
Top Bottom