FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not a bad day. Remodeling a kitchen that's pretty broke. Owner is an old woman and her hermit nephew. He's like 50 but stays home on the internets all day. Kinna feel a little bad for her.

Was in the mood for Lox & Capers tho.
IMG_20220803_181358~2.jpg

My oldest have the following :

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) is an allergicinflammatory condition of the esophagus that involves eosinophils, a type of white blood cell.

Basically he is allergic to food and it’s hard to pin point which food it is. He is on an elimination diet which me he can’t have the following:

nuts (coconut is ok)
dairy
Anything from the sea/ocean
Gluten
Processed food (we give him a few things)
Soy
Corn
Grains
Legume
Pretty much all fruits

I’m missing somethings.

Up until about a year or so we made everything from scratch and branched out and started giving him processed food from certain brands that I vetted. He has his own set of dishes, bowls, forks, pots, and etc to avoid cross contamination. It’s been like this almost all his life so it’s second nature to us.

He has to do an endoscopy every 3 months to see how he is doing. So far so good. Currently on steroids to keep inflammation down in his esophagus.

Sorry for being long winded. He does not really help in the kitchen, his younger brother is the one that enjoy baking and cooking with me. If he does we take proper cautions with gloves and etc since certain things will irritate his skin from just touching.

He ate out for the first time when we went back home east last month at a chicken spot and that went well so we ventured out to giving him chiplote and that also went well.

Edit:

With the okay from the doctor we give corn, beans, and rice.
How old was he when you found out and how did you know?

Took a break from the boring keto. Might get food poisoning but I’ll report back tomorrow:
FB43D609-A71F-464F-BF6D-F1D821DACEFC.jpeg
7D6504F9-DD17-48A5-948B-3D210E29D8E9.jpeg

How old was he when you found out and how did you know?

Took a break from the boring keto. Might get food poisoning but I’ll report back tomorrow:
FB43D609-A71F-464F-BF6D-F1D821DACEFC.jpeg
7D6504F9-DD17-48A5-948B-3D210E29D8E9.jpeg
Taco look good. Having tacos for dinner also. Laughing with my wife earlier thinking Taco Bell was the only way how to eat/prepare tacos back in the day ( ground meat with cheese , lettuce , and tomatoes, and hard shell). In my defense Taco Bell was the only spot selling tacos in the Bronx. While in LA, one day my wife brought home tacos and I was so confused expecting Taco Bell type taco.

My son was around three years old. He would throw up EVERY DAY for a month or so. After he threw up he would be fine like nothing happen. His pediatrician thought it might be post nasal drip since it was winter season but he eventually recommended us to a GI doctor. With his symptoms the GI figured it was EOE. They did the endoscopy and confirmed it. The challenge is his younger brother can eat everything so it’s a balance act.

Trattoria Farfalla:

Margherita Pizza

9416FD43-561C-4BAE-9749-1A9549B3EAE5.jpeg

Ravioli Di Magro

Pasta stuffed with spinach mozzarella and ricotta
4FB1F0C2-E2E3-42C2-A32A-2C34142BAD07.jpeg

Oxtail with the salad and quinoa

3D57E010-8EC6-4B4A-827E-5CEA3A9861EB.jpeg

Corn drink:
Corn
Oatmilk
Cinnamon
Sugar
Nutmeg

A8581F48-CBE7-4B53-B169-F098C866DBAE.jpeg

7C0E7471-C4D6-4FE0-A5ED-061677B872B1.jpeg
CBFDAB91-E3C5-4E31-9FE7-C809ED64BF0D.jpeg

Waffles w/ multi vitamin and vitamin D

483A4DE1-042F-452C-A062-D4A5DAED8D47.jpeg

Pinks hotdog:

620A91C1-69C6-4A2B-A368-70AD03FA43B0.jpeg

Homemade cookies:

I divided the cookie dough in three batches.

Batch 1 - let it sit in the fridge for 12 hours
Batch 2 - sit for 24 hours
Batch 3 - sit for 48 hours

C0809987-F77E-4B42-8202-6BCB35EC10E6.jpeg
DFCB2F17-FAD2-4E8A-9394-648FF9D75CDA.jpeg
Pizza & cookies look great 👍. There's a pizza spot on Jamaica Ave named Margherita pizza, might have to check it out. Presentation on the 🌭 is 👌.

Roofing for a couple days. Wrapped it up yesterday to avoid today's heat. 90°+ with high humidity. Roofing always a good workout.

The yellow stuff is yellow Lentil Soup.
IMG_20220802_085729.jpg

IMG_20220802_105223.jpg

IMG_20220802_132029.jpg

IMG_20220802_143949.jpg
Yo bro, please stay hydrated out there. That's a lot of heat + sun exposure for that amount of time. Make sure you,xre drinking plenty of water & fluids in general. You must have a mean tan by now...that Chicago heat ain't no joke.

Pizza & cookies look great 👍. There's a pizza spot on Jamaica Ave named Margherita pizza, might have to check it out. Presentation on the 🌭 is 👌.
Second time making cookies and this was by far the best and easiest recipe.

Pizza was awesome. Very close taste to a NY slice. It even had the foldable factor.

Pinks hotdog is a staple out here. My second time going, wish the hotdog had some char but overall it hit the spot.

What makes you think you got food poisoning?
Was smashing the tacos and found that my queso fresco was in a visibly dirty dish. So they obviously weren’t very clean. But they were bomb.
Taco look good. Having tacos for dinner also. Laughing with my wife earlier thinking Taco Bell was the only way how to eat/prepare tacos back in the day ( ground meat with cheese , lettuce , and tomatoes, and hard shell). In my defense Taco Bell was the only spot selling tacos in the Bronx. While in LA, one day my wife brought home tacos and I was so confused expecting Taco Bell type taco.

My son was around three years old. He would throw up EVERY DAY for a month or so. After he threw up he would be fine like nothing happen. His pediatrician thought it might be post nasal drip since it was winter season but he eventually recommended us to a GI doctor. With his symptoms the GI figured it was EOE. They did the endoscopy and confirmed it. The challenge is his younger brother can eat everything so it’s a balance act.

Damn glad you saw the light for tacos.

Wow when my oldest was younger he would throw up just randomly. They said likely car/motion sickness. A childhood symptom of possible hereditary migraines. Likely my husbands side. He has since grown out of it. But makes me wonder if we should go to gi

Was smashing the tacos and found that my queso fresco was in a visibly dirty dish. So they obviously weren’t very clean. But they were bomb.

Damn glad you saw the light for tacos.

Wow when my oldest was younger he would throw up just randomly. They said likely car/motion sickness. A childhood symptom of possible hereditary migraines. Likely my husbands side. He has since grown out of it. But makes me wonder if we should go to gi
With mine, he would throw up even if he was home all day so motion sickness didn’t even cross our minds. If it’s something on your mind, maybe bring it up on your next doctor visit.

My wife had migraines from when she was young and she don’t have Eoe. Every now and then her migraines are so bad she would throw up.

Back
Top Bottom