FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My work catered us a food truck today in our parking lot. Pulled into the warehouse and dudes were having the times of their lives.

Everybody had multiple plates. They had a pop-a-shot hoop out. Goodie bags. Drinks. I had a taco plate but I wish I had the quesaburria tacos.

Got 2 chicken and 1 asada taco. Sorry for the blue tinted pic, it was under a blue tarp lol
A12413C0-1F62-4621-9C91-549BCE5BDE39.jpeg
I see three chicken tacos

That all makes sense. The OG one like you said did close long ago I remember. Yeah, the celebs just mainly put their name on it to attract locals/tourists but they are never around to set or follow up on standards & that leads to the place closing.

Do you remember Michael Jordan's clogged oh & Hummer? I think the Jordan one wasn't half bad...don't remember the Hummer one.
I do remember the cologne. Never bought it tho. Was into Cool Water & CK back then.

Chi was cool. Im talking off experience. A myth wouldn't mean anything.

Wouldn't bother with the rest of the midwest. Probably safer to eat at a domino's or pizza hut.

FTR, I didn't say there was a lack of pizza outside of nyc. I said they aint know how to make it right.

You said there's an abundance but is it quality pizza?
Can't forget about Detroit Style.

Didnt even try any pizza when I went to DC.
Not sure if I really wanna try Pizza in DC either. Thinking about it. Not really sure if I wanna try the Mumbo sauce either. Might go for some half smoke tho.

I do remember the cologne. Never bought it tho. Was into Cool Water & CK back then.

Oh man, meant no disrespect there.

I actually need to try Detroit style in Detroit.

I was thinking about the other parts of the midwest :lol:

Last edited:

Not sure if I really wanna try Pizza in DC either. Thinking about it. Not really sure if I wanna try the Mumbo sauce either. Might go for some half smoke tho.
Wouldn’t really say pizza in DC area is any worse than Chicago after just going. Unless deep dish is REALLY your thing.

And why would you be against trying mambo sauce :lol:

yeah sometimes you're out and about and want pizza, but can't carry half a leftover pizza around. There's a few spots in Long Beach that I've been to but they're few and far between.

Closest thing I do is hit up Blaze or Pieology, I can finish one of those off solo for lunch.

now if I'm at home or heading home? definitely getting a large and spreading it out over a few meals.

Yea, those little "mini" personal pizza spots are different. Single serving sizes.

I honestly don't even consider those to be "real" pizza.

It is but it isn't. I don't know.

Yea, those little "mini" personal pizza spots are different. Single serving sizes.

I honestly don't even consider those to be "real" pizza.

It is but it isn't. I don't know.

basically the Chipotle of pizza. Hits the spot in a pinch but not the real deal. plus the ideal serving size for a solo lunch.

been to Chicago but I think I like the Detroit style deep dish better, too much dough. My Detroit deep-dish experience is frozen pizza lol. Gotta make it out to NYC one of these days and see what they have to offer. SoCal has chains and greasy mom and pops and hipster pizza.

Back
Top Bottom