FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Man I never buy SLICES of pizza.
The math never makes sense to me to do so.

I'll just get the whole thing.
Getting slices has it's advantages. For one, you're able to have more variety. Is DC mainly by the pie too like CT is? When you get the whole thing, honestly...how many slices do you actually eat out of that pie? As a NY'er slices>whole pies. If I want pizza, why should I be subjected to getting an entire pie?

Out of that pie at most I'll have 2-3 slices & than the rest gets thrown out or eaten later but it won't be fresh- waste. By the pie concept seems like a way to maximize profits mainly, imo 🤷‍♂️.

do y'all wash the chicken that comes "pre-seasoned"....?

1660076769160.jpeg

zmaqbool zmaqbool Well I am never by myself when I'm getting pizza so EYE wouldn't be eating the whole pie by myself.

But I am crushing 3-5 slices in a 10-12 inch pie. (SUPER #)

We don't have nor did we ever have super cheap by the slice spots in DC. We aren't the pizza capital of the US.

So it would never be advantageous for me to buy 3+ slices forreal.

This is one of the more popular spots in DC.
If I am with someone, that is 4 slices MINIMUM.
Each slice is $4.
The whole pie is $20
I feel that I midas whale buy the whole thing.

We can just look at the cheese.

do y'all wash the chicken that comes "pre-seasoned"....?

1660076769160.jpeg
Why the **** are you buying pre-seasoned chicken? :smh: :sick:0]

Season your own chicken.

This is one of the more popular spots in DC.
If I am with someone, that is 4 slices MINIMUM.
Each slice is $4.
The whole pie is $20
I feel that I midas whale buy the whole thing.

We can just look at the cheese.

Like I said outside of nyc pizza prices are a bit crazy but I get why they do it to y'all like that.

this is myths. It’s just not as abundant as nyc anywhere else but you can get a quality pizza anywhere now
I went to florida and the pizza was trash. Expected better given all of the nyc transplants.

The south was not any better. Didnt even try any pizza when I went to DC.

Chi was cool. Im talking off experience. A myth wouldn't mean anything.

Wouldn't bother with the rest of the midwest. Probably safer to eat at a domino's or pizza hut.

FTR, I didn't say there was a lack of pizza outside of nyc. I said they aint know how to make it right.

You said there's an abundance but is it quality pizza?

Never knew about it before but saw a news story about the Pizza Principle. Basically bus / subway fare is usually around the same price as a NY slice of pizza. If one of their prices has an increase, the other will too for a similar amount. Post-pandemic inflation disrupted the similar pricing though.

Never knew about it before but saw a news story about the Pizza Principle. Basically bus / subway fare is usually around the same price as a NY slice of pizza. If one of their prices has an increase, the other will too for a similar amount. Post-pandemic inflation disrupted the similar pricing though.
Yeah.

Noticed this going to school. Bus fare went up and all of a sudden slices were a $1.25

Same with the $1 vans.

Yea I think the target demographic for that pre-seasoned chicken is Amber from the burbs who just moved out on her own and can't cook but wants to impress her friends with her "cooking skills" or Amber the soccer mom who is too lazy/busy to cook for her kids after practice

Last time I ordered mcnuggets they looked a lot smaller and were overcooked. Hope it was just because the nearby location sucks.

I went to florida and the pizza was trash. Expected better given all of the nyc transplants.

The south was not any better. Didnt even try any pizza when I went to DC.

Chi was cool. Im talking off experience. A myth wouldn't mean anything.

Wouldn't bother with the rest of the midwest. Probably safer to eat at a domino's or pizza hut.

FTR, I didn't say there was a lack of pizza outside of nyc. I said they aint know how to make it right.

You said there's an abundance but is it quality pizza?

I meant there is an abundance of pizza joints in nyc unlike other places. I’ve had good pizza outside the north east that’s why I said myth. It’s Just like when LA folks say there’s no good tacos outside Cali

Yeah northern CA not a lot of places sell by the slice.. if they do it’s only a few types of pizza or only for “lunch special” or something.

I took one for the first time in forever and saw some of them were charging $3
Damn. Its mainly $2 now when I'm on Flatbush or Utica.

I saw a few tried $2.50 and ppl refused to pay :lol: (cuz nobody carrying change like that).

It probably should be $3 now cuz slices cost about that if not more now.

Back
Top Bottom