FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Takes time and practice bro. Keep at it!

Im still going under immunotherapy for my cancer so my immune sytem is still vulnerable, I think thats why im a tad hesistant and letting it cook a little longer than I should cause I shoudnt be eating foods on the raw end. I was tempted to take it off the pan earlier but I still cant tell til the basting part if its cooked enough. I can do medium rare but more medium than rare..if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Had a caramel apple crisp oat milk machiatto from #starbz today. I was told it was loud. It was mid. Maybe it needed to be hot. I’ll stick with the pumkin spice latte from here on out.

Coalfire

‘Nduja
mozzarella, sauce, berkshire sausage, ‘nduja
infused whipped ricotta, calabrian chile,
chopped basil
IMG_20220903_133824~2.jpg

Pepperoni & Whipped Ricotta
mozzarella, sauce, pepperoni, whipped ricotta, basil, garlic, parmesan
IMG_20220903_133740~2.jpg

Vodka Meatball
mozzarella, vodka tomato sauce, meatball, basil, stracciatella, parmigiano reggiano
IMG_20220903_133855~2.jpg

Last Night - Grecian Kitchen
IMG_20220902_201755__01.jpg

How yall making fries at home? Just frozen then air fryer or deep fry? Or has anyone made homemade fries? Would love to make truffle fries or parmesan fries.

Anybody else know of this? My man just texted this to me.

"
Have you ever heard of an app called "too good to go"?

Basically, stores sell you food that they would otherwise throw away at a discounted rate at the end of the day.

The idea is that you are helping to end food waste"

fat in moderation is ok... I cant stand a boneless pork chop

I just dont like the taste on red meat specifically. I like the fat on fish.

But stuff like pork belly, fatty bacon tastes awful. I love lamb and goat but it has to be trimmed thoroughly to a certain ratio of muscle to fat.

I get its appeal (eg. Wagyu) i just dont like the taste and texture.

How yall making fries at home? Just frozen then air fryer or deep fry? Or has anyone made homemade fries? Would love to make truffle fries or parmesan fries.
I make them easy and quick, just get Yukon gold potatoes, slice them up and then air fry them. Then salt pepper garlic powder paprika or whatever else you want
Soaking the slices in water for a few hours beforehand makes them crispier especially if you’re gonna bake them

I need to try actual truffles. Truffle oil is nasty

"

Basically, stores sell you food that they would otherwise throw away at a discounted rate at the end of the day.

I don’t remember the name exactly but the place I work at did this for a bit. At my spot there’s always an unclaimed order or 2 and pizza slices that get tossed at the end of the night. You could come in a few minutes before close and get BOGO slices or the unclaimed orders for a few bucks. Pretty sure there’s an app for supermarkets that do the same thing for day old bread etc

"

Never heard of that app but I was stealing some of my GF’s food from the pantry the other day, and I came across some dried fruit packages. Brand called solely.

The brands gimmick was that they used up the fruits that were imperfect and couldn’t be sold in stores. So instead of throwing out a bad looking apple, they’d make dried fried out of the salvageable parts. Thus helping eliminate waste?

Last edited:
74A519EF-C843-4325-BC7E-6AB7B3B5D66B.jpeg

Overcooked again. :smh:

BUTTT, it was still tender and tasted good af so I dont even mind so much. I’ll nail a good medium rare one of these days. Was totally satisfied taste wise with this though. :pimp:
Get a thermometer and take the guessing game out of the equation.

Back
Top Bottom