FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

def past medium. that's medium well bordering well done. a thermometer would help.
how do you overcook your steak and have a negative crust?

those potatoes look terrible too

damn-kevin-hart-bjqgvruw4iz9h5h0.gif

no punches pulled

:rofl:

medium rare for steaks, medium for burgers

Leons in Chicago, Corkys in Memphis, Slows in Grand Rapids/Detroit.
There are hole-in-the-wall places in Memphis that defecate aaaallll over Corky's. I don't know the names but I know how to get there whenever I'm in Memphis. I know one is on the way out on the 40, almost to Arkansas. By an adult store but I know that's not saying much in the south because those are everywhere. 🤣

-foe

Its cooked how I like it, pink center. I dont like my **** red.

Give medium a shot bro, you won't be disappointed.

Heard someone order a ribeye well done in a booth behind me last night
1662653390914.gif

This girl I was dealing with in my early 20s really changed my life regarding steaks. I was that person ordering well done, my family did as well. She was like, I used to work at outback and chefs hate it when people order well done. She said it makes them feel like they're not giving the customer their best work, but if that's what they want it is what it is. She told me to trust her so I ordered medium and I never looked back :lol:

When my girl got us the Ninja Foodie Grill like two years ago, it was a wrap. Steak used to be a treat for me when I went out to eat. I personally never wanted to cook it at home. Since we got the Ninja Foodie, we have steak at least once a week. I finish it off with some jerk sauce when there is like 1min left and it always taste amazing. Juices just be flowing out that mug :pimp:

I've been out and saw two people order the same steak, one medium rare and one well done. The well done one literally came out half the size.
If you order well done, I’ve heard the cooks will usually pick a worse piece of steak for you because it’s getting ruined anyway and cooking a good piece well done is obviously a waste.

Well done also has all the juices cooked out of it.. just sad to see really. :smh:

If you order well done, I’ve heard the cooks will usually pick a worse piece of steak for you because it’s getting ruined anyway and cooking a good piece well done is obviously a waste.

Well done also has all the juices cooked out of it.. just sad to see really. :smh:
You can do a well done steak that isn't terribly dry, but good luck finding a chef with the skill and no pretention.

Idc but I see people who order expensive cuts of steak well done as tasteless individuals not only in food but in general. Like president 45. Stay home and cook that hockey puck with a ribeye from fine fare b.

This girl I was dealing with in my early 20s really changed my life regarding steaks. I was that person ordering well done, my family did as well. She was like, I used to work at outback and chefs hate it when people order well done. She said it makes them feel like they're not giving the customer their best work, but if that's what they want it is what it is. She told me to trust her so I ordered medium and I never looked back :lol:
She seems AMAZING. The world needs more people like this

I ordered a well done burger last week from a sketchy snack bar. Didn't feel like taking any chances. It was a little dry but edible
I have absolutely no problem with this. A well done burger is NOT like a well done steak. The former is delicious.

Gimme the pink.

I want medium rare to medium steaks, and always ask for medium in my burgers.

If I go to a nice steakhouse I’ll order medium rare.. cause I know they’ll nail it.

If I go anywhere else I either don’t order steak or I order medium to allow them a little wiggle room to medium well or medium rare (either way). And that’s fine.

I’ll never really send an overcooked burger back.. but I ain’t afraid to send back a steak (kindly), if it’s over cooked.

I ordered a well done burger last week from a sketchy snack bar. Didn't feel like taking any chances. It was a little dry but edible

Idk why places still bother with thick burgers though. Unless using high quality meats or grilling they're far inferior to smashmouths
smash are my favorite too but once in a while i love a big juicy burger

Idk why places still bother with thick burgers though. Unless using high quality meats or grilling they're far inferior to smashmouths
1 big fat patty is good, 3 smashmouth patties? Hey now, that's an all-star.

I used to exclusively eat red meat well done until I was 25. I was stuck in the yummy phase for a while, but I blame my upbringing on that.

+1 for #smashmouths>thiccburgers. There are a few great ones out there, but they generally aren’t as enjoyable TO ME.

It’s like the Beatles. Sure, there are bands out there who are more technically proficient, but it doesn’t make them better

Back
Top Bottom