FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So I only pop in here once every 20 pages or so. So sorry if I’m super late to the discussion. But there’s cats in here cooking meats freestyle without thermometers? And ADVOCATING for this guesstimation style?
9DA3DCBE-5A25-4C8B-BF4B-E6758966EC93.gif

51E313CC-1E2C-42A4-BCB5-63D567586BAF.jpeg

First time making carbonara.

Came out pretty decent. Next time need more bacon, a little cooler when I mix the eggs and cheese cause it did scramble a TINY TINY bit, and more generous with the pepper, though I did sprinkle in more pepper after this.

Forgot how heavy carbonara is, had a small bowl of it and im stuffed.

Last edited by a moderator:
2022 50 best new restaurant list came out today and nyc still dominating the industry. Michelin stars get announced next month and looks like nyc will be adding more restaurants to that list as well.

51E313CC-1E2C-42A4-BCB5-63D567586BAF.jpeg

First time making carbonara.

Came out pretty decent. Next time need more bacon, a little cooler when I mix the eggs and cheese cause it did scramble a TINY TINY bit, and more generous with the pepper, though I did sprinkle in more pepper after this.

Forgot how heavy carbonara is, had a small bowl of it and im ****ing stuffed.
These the kind of posts that make my cut torture :lol:

That looks delicious

From my experience in kitchens, nobody gives a about how you order your steak. Like couldn’t care less :lol:
Maybe some made up pretentious French chef from a movie or something would

Last edited by a moderator:
From my experience in kitchens, nobody gives a **** about how you order your steak. Like couldn’t care less :lol:
Nah they def care. I dunno where you work/worked but when i worked at a fine dining joint the chefs most definitely had an attitude if someone ordered anything past medium. Even medium theyd be cussing them and having an attitude. Overall all but 1 were dickheads. Man if someone even requested a dish without something theyd get pissy and act like divas for the rest of the shift.

Word. Like eyeballing the amount of gas you’re selling to people, without using any instruments.
EFD66E2E-EFA0-4AA7-99EA-DBCFFB68D974.gif
This makes no sense :lol:

You can’t even see the gas go in to a car and if you’re putting in a portable joint then you know exactly how much you’re selling by eyeballing it.

I have family that worked at ruth chris for like 20 years. They definitely get annoyed if you order past medium.

From my experience in kitchens, nobody gives a **** about how you order your steak. Like couldn’t care less :lol:
They def care. The chef made a menu so it can taste a certain way and you out there altering it will get them annoyed

i feel like anything I ask for at wing stop just annoys tf outta them :lol:

I never specify flats or drums only but I imagine any extra work for your order is prolly an eye rolling affair

i feel like anything I ask for at wing stop just annoys tf outta them :lol:

I never specify flats or drums only but I imagine any extra work for your order is prolly an eye rolling affair

Last time I had Wingstop I was SUPER disappointed. Dry *** wings. Garlic parm or whatever sucked too.

Back
Top Bottom