FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I used to be well done yrs ago, til i actually tried medium. Changed everything. Medium rare for me now. Dont have steak very often tho

You should at least try the different steps before just deciding it's not for you. Rare and well-done aren't my thing.

kenji said he did blind taste tests with people between medium rare and medium and slightly more people enjoyed the medium

i prefer anything rare to just passed medium rare.
but i usually go rare when i order those OD large steaks cause i never finish them. so when i go to reheat them they end up around medium.
never had blue rare but would try it

You’d be surprised.
I just have to know.

You livin like this b?

2F0C2CA0-FAF9-4B0A-868F-041C084237B2.jpeg

I don’t eat steak too often. If I do, I’ll do it at a good steak house. Not TGI Fridays or Applebees types of restaurants.

I have tried medium in the past. Just prefer it well done. Have never had a “hockey puck” served on my plate.

I just have to know.

You livin like this b?

2F0C2CA0-FAF9-4B0A-868F-041C084237B2.jpeg

Ngl my mom makes a kind of steak thats more well done than that, dont even know the cut (its not carne frita) but its like a long sirloin type strip and it looks like a mega well done but its tasty af and actually not super chewy. I like it alot, gotta ask her what its called or take a pic.

Ngl my mom makes a kind of steak thats more well done than that, dont even know the cut (its not carne frita) but its like a long sirloin type strip and it looks like a mega well done but its tasty af and actually not super chewy. I like it alot, gotta ask her what its called or take a pic.
Skirt?

From my experience skirt is really hard to mess up.

If anything it's too chewy/pully when it's rare. I prefer mine closer to medium these days.

This makes no sense :lol:

You can’t even see the gas go in to a car and if you’re putting in a portable joint then you know exactly how much you’re selling by eyeballing it.

So the episode this is from, they fill up garbage cans full of gas at the cheap price. Then as the price skyrockets through the week, they sell it lemonade stand style to customers. The plan was: customers pull up and ask for, say 3 gallons of gas.

The gang: Okay lemme just pour you 3 gallons out of this trash can. I’ll count it as I pour. 1…2…3! Okay you’re all set. That’ll be $12.

Customer: ummmm how are you COUNTING a liquid?

The gang: I know how to count. I’m not dumb.

Does this make sense to you? GUESSING instead of MEASURING. Yes? Or do I need to explain metaphor vs simile?

Was in the city today hanging & my sis in law wanted to try a pizza spot as did I & luckily they are both in Brooklyn. First pizza stop today at Krispy Pizza in Brooklyn. Very good pizza. Awesome dough & crust. They have like 5 other locations(mainly NJ) but this one in Bklyn is the OG.

2nd 🍕 stop of the day: Luigi's Brooklyn. Place has been here since 1973 & One Bite gave them a 9.3 so I had to drop in. An oldschool Italian joint with the original menu too. Legit NY style & as thin as they come. The pizza is on the greasy side but tastes really good.

Also, went to Little Island & Hudson Yards to see some cool architecture. Little Island was privately funded by some billionaire who converted the empty pier into a green space. A clean, open green space to chill out & take in the views of the 212. Hudson Yards was beautiful.

They really did good by that area & cleaned it up nicely! Too bad The Vessel is closed now(people were committing suicide a lot from the top) but you can still come into the middle spot & snap some cool pictures. And some snaps of the Freedom Tower.
20220908_131435.jpg
20220908_131659.jpg
20220908_135426.jpg
20220908_135448.jpg
20220908_140406.jpg
20220908_142010.jpg
20220908_142224.jpg
20220908_151825.jpg
20220908_152159.jpg
20220908_152203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom