FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Heading to New Orleans for a few days. Any spots out there worth checking out for some good eats?
Grine Grine

Lot’s of great food there. When I went there I hit the big name places like Emeril’s and Commander’s Palace, which were great, but there’s way more lesser known options that also are good. I don’t know names though.

How’re we all eating our boiled eggs?

I like mine around medium maybe a little under.

6472806D-E419-4CC1-905B-CE3C25214E94.jpeg
If I’m putting them in something else, like a salad, hard boiled. But if I’m eating them by themselves, medium or even soft. With some salt.

Grine Grine

Lot’s of great food there. When I went there I hit the big name places like Emeril’s and Commander’s Palace, which were great, but there’s way more lesser known options that also are good. I don’t know names though.

Facts I've heard about the food but most places I looked up seem pretty well known/touristy. I'm def looking to venture into some smaller mom+pop spots that the locals frequent. I've heard about Manchu which is on my list for sure.

Why do you guys have such weak stomachs?
Word. Outside of certain fast food items that just make me feel bad after eating them I'm not running to the bathroom off of one big meal but then again I eat like once a day so maybe its different.

Last edited:
Facts I've heard about the food but most places I looked up seem pretty well known/touristy. I'm def looking to venture into some smaller mom+pop spots that the locals frequent. I've heard about Manchu which is on my list for sure.
Then Grine Grine should be able to help you out if he sees these posts because he lived there.

Ketchup stops at burgers, hot dogs, some fried chicken occasionally, and fries.

It doesn't go on anything else for me.

Not counting using ketchup to make a sauce though.

I had dinner Red Robin yesterday. I tried out the new Pretzel Bacon Beer-Cheese Burger.
IMG_6530.JPG

To my surprise, I unexpectedly got the vanilla milkshake for free! I was never aware that there was a promotion for a free dessert with a $10 minimum purchase on my loyalty account until I was checking out using the tabletop device to pay my bill. I redeemed it since shakes qualify as a dessert. I'm normally notified via email whenever there are freebies or promotions. But they tend to provide offers occasionally without notification. Perhaps I should check the app more often to see if I have something on there without notification.

I had dinner Red Robin yesterday. I tried out the new Pretzel Bacon Beer-Cheese Burger.
IMG_6530.JPG

To my surprise, I unexpectedly got the vanilla milkshake for free! I was never aware that there was a promotion for a free dessert with a $10 minimum purchase on my loyalty account until I was checking out using the tabletop device to pay my bill. I redeemed it since shakes qualify as a dessert. I'm normally notified via email whenever there are freebies or promotions. But they tend to provide offers occasionally without notification. Perhaps I should check the app more often to see if I have something on there without notification.

What were your thoughts on the pretzels bun? That looks good.

How did you do with the fries? Your fry stamina has been slipping lately.

How was the burger

What were your thoughts on the pretzels bun? That looks good.

How did you do with the fries? Your fry stamina has been slipping lately.

It was good. Overall, it has a salty taste to it because of the way it's prepared along with the cheese fondue dip. The salty taste level is acceptable. That should be expected since it's a pretzel bun and salt is a default ingredient in pretzels. If you like salty, then this burger should satisfy you.

I already consumed two baskets of fries before I got to the plate. If you look closely, you should see two empty baskets behind the three cups.

IMG_6530.JPG

Ngl that burger does look fire.

Did you wear the FR3’s?

It was good. Overall, it has a salty taste to it because of the way it's prepared along with the cheese fondue dip. The salty taste level is acceptable. That should be expected since it's a pretzel bun and salt is a default ingredient in pretzels. If you like salty, then this burger should satisfy you.

I already consumed two baskets of fries before I got to the plate. If you look closely, you should see two empty baskets behind the three cups.

What is your world record for fry baskets?
4?

That is crazy that you get a milkshake in there too.

Back
Top Bottom