FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Hotel breakfast again. Bit mediocre this one - but the mushrooms were good. 2 over medium eggs hidden under there.

FC640D3A-8432-4D07-A506-989324D9D623.jpeg

Mother in law gave me this and I put my own spin on it. I hate Velveeta cheese sauce, so I just used shredded colby jack and baked it instead of using a skillet

20221101_201034.jpg
20221101_201340.jpg
Looks like somebody didnt have the right pasta for lasagna or didn't care or discovered the cheat that any ground beef baked with cheese and any pasta altogether will taste good after seasoned.

FAA4EB9C-BBF1-484A-92D9-76EDB2C11FBA.jpeg

Had a goodbye dinner with my bff who is moving away. Had the steak frites and they were delish as seen in my second pic where they are all gone. We also shared a bottle of wine with dinner.
29B0661C-EC0B-4DF9-9052-D902BBCFF469.jpeg
Take out the salad and I would've thought we went out to eat :lol:

I can be your new bff

Last edited:
So it’s finally November. Are we thinking about Thanksgiving? Do y’all have like staple recipes that you make for Thanksgiving?
Smart idea to change the subject, Starbz :lol:

And to answer your question, as I’ve said in here before, I’m pretty much stuck on the white people Thanksgiving staples. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and either creamed corn or creamed spinach.

Non-black folks, thoughts on Sweet Potato pie?

I come in peace.
I like it.

Better than some other types of pie like apple, not as much as other types like key lime and chocolate silk.

My current favorite pie is banana cream.

Smart idea to change the subject, Starbz :lol:

And to answer your question, as I’ve said in here before, I’m pretty much stuck on the white people Thanksgiving staples. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and either creamed corn or creamed spinach.
Lol white people thanksgiving staples 😂

Bean
Sweet potato
Pecan

My top 3

HM blueberry

I like peach cobbler but idk if that counts as a pie?

1F835BDC-51B6-4257-B8BB-61D252F7C168.png

But I have to admit that, before this thread, I only knew about bean pies from TV, movies and music references to Nation of Islam people selling them.
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican put me on. We dont have those here, its an American thing. I bought so many when i went to LA. I went back to the place a 2nd time the guy was probably thinking im crazy.

Back
Top Bottom