FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

PXL_20221204_185059513.jpg

PXL_20221204_185054874.jpg

Reminds me of when I went to Catholic school but wasn't Catholic and was curious about what the wafers and wine tasted like so I went up once. My silly self didn't ask my Catholic friends what the response was so when the priest offered it and said something I just mumbled back. He paused for sec but probably convinced himself he didn't hear it right.
Brought back memories. Serving us alcohol as minors :lol:

Tell me I’m not the only one who enjoys the flavor of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Tell me I’m not the only one :lol:

I struggle a bit with it - but I think it's because when I was young it was the terrible artificial mint with crappy chocolate through it - in the same way as we got "plain" ice cream - not the good vanilla I would choose now.

A good creamy ice cream with natural mint flavor and chocolate chips is pretty good though - but it wouldn't be my first choice.

All kettles don't need to be compared to non-kettled chips. There are so many flavors that have never been kettles and quite frankly wouldn't be the same if they WERE kettles.

For instance, a Hidden Valley Ranch (Ruffles) or a Sour Cream and Cheddar wouldn't be better of they were kettles. The rippled texture makes those flavors POP.

So, kettles vs. Regular = different.

My girlfriend loves chips and since she moved in we’ve had them in the pantry at all times.

I think I’ve finally established a definitive list of favorites.

Lays/ruffles don't move the needle for me

Almost any regional brand potato chip is better

Not sure if considered regional anymore but Utz >>>

The 2 best selling chips in Canada. Few places in the u.s. still sell the all dressed. And the ketchup one is not for sale here in the states
Herr's makes Ketchup chips, but not as good tho.

Never even heard of those assasin joints.
What do they taste like
Tastes like the "Whole Shabang" prison chips.

It's like a mix of a bunch of chips. I think the most dominant flavor is Salt & vinegar tho. I'm not a fan of Salt & Vinegar but for some reason All dressed is good.

Back
Top Bottom