FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The only other state I had pizza in was Florida and it was awful. I wonder if the water really does make NY pizza and bagels so damn good.

I forgot there was a yellow taxi / cab pizza place next to my hotel in the Philippines. It was really good.
We have plenty of solid Pizza spots here in DC man

@DCAllAmerican

You ever tried &pizza in DC?
Yea, it is cool. Nothing special once you get past the assembly line freedom / allure of it.

I prefer

Red Rock

Ellas

District of Pi

^ Just last week I was all on google trying to figure out to fry some fries from scratch to make it taste like Popeyes fries. They teast real good. It all comes down to the seasoning but I just can't nail it down.

On a related note, the steps to make fries taste like McDonald's fries is mad long :lol: :smh: You screwed if you don't have that time or the ingredients (gonna need you some hamburger grease or bacon grease).

A lot of spots out of NYC do the same thing to make their bagels. Import NYC water.

Some think it does others don't

’Water,’ [esteemed chef Mario] Batali says. ‘Water is huge. It's probably one of California's biggest problems with pizza.’ Water binds the dough's few ingredients. Nearly every chemical reaction that produces flavor occurs in water, says Chris Loss, a food scientist with the Culinary Institute of America. ‘So, naturally, the minerals and chemicals in it will affect every aspect of the way something tastes.’”

I personally don't think it makes a difference. That's just some NYC folklore like saying New Yorkers are rude. I dunno why good pizza spots aren't in Cali and other places tho but it isn't the water imo.
I believe it.

Just off the bagels. Had some bagels in Vegas :smh: Had me running back to BK

Fl pizza, specifically Orlando, is basura.

Last edited:
I believe it.

Just off the bagels. Had some bagels in Vegas
mean.gif
Had me running back to BK

Fl pizza, specifically Orlando, is basura.
Try this place. 

Pizza Mia - 70 Photos - Pizza - South Orange Blossom Trail / OBT - Orlando, FL - Reviews - Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-mia-orlando

But, the owners are from NY, so I guess it won't count LOL

Weekend eats, forgot to take a flick of a couple of meals too :lol:

Dino's in MiCity (pico blvd) Half chicken w/ fries plate

Pacifico now sells Tall cans :pimp:

12 oz tri-tip plate from Lucille's in Cerritos

San Sai in Westchester. Came with three different sides, but I don't do salads :rofl:

Nieve de Garrafa from some dude in Lynwood. That Watermelon with chamoy was :nthat:

ALL from Alondra's in Paramount. Ate half there, and ate the other half while I watched my CHIVAS win.

Is that ham or bologna on that pizza? :x :lol: Doesn't look appealing especially if it's bologna.

I just made a pie with bacon and chicken on it.

[table][tr][td]The Redick Combo  44438CYD
  • 2 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
  • 2 (5 oz.) Top Sirloins
  • 2 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
  • 4 (4.5 oz.) Chicken Fried Steaks
  • 4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
  • 1 (15 oz pkg.) All-Beef Meatballs
  • 4 (3 oz.) Gourmet Jumbo Franks
  • 4 (3 oz.) Potatoes au Gratin
  • 4 (4 oz.) Caramel Apple Tartlets
  • OS Seasoning Packet
fill.gif

Send The Redick Combo and bring a smile to the faces of loved ones and friends! This package includes many Omaha Steaks customer favorites... world-famous Filet Mignons, bold and beefy Top Sirloins, juicy Boneless Pork Chops, pre-cooked All-Beef Meatballs and even traditional southern comfort food, Chicken Fried Steaks. We've added our exclusive Potatoes au Gratin and classic Gourmet Jumbo Franks, too. Deliciously sweet Caramel Apple Tartlets are an amazing dessert and that's not even all! Get 4 FREE Omaha Steaks Burgers shipped to every address that includes The Redick Combo. So, order today and make them smile!
Reg. $210.91 | Save $160.92 | Now Only $49.99 [/td][/tr][/table]

Buy Steaks, Lobster and Gourmet Food Gifts Online | Omaha Steaks http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=260&AID=4208&ITMSUF=CYD&SRC=RD1028

Went to Austin last week and ate well

Friday night went to St. Genevieve in MSP

Started with Tete de Cochon, pretty much crispy pig's head

Followed up by the Tartare d' Agneau lamb tartare wrapped in a crisp shell

Finished with Navarin d' Agneau Lamb Roulade bathed in it's on Jous

Saturday Night before leaving had Pig Ate My Pizza brought to the local Brewery the Tijuana Tina Cilantro, Pulled Pork and Tomatillo

Typical preflight meal of Tokyo Pork Ramen before jumping on the flight to Austin

First stop after landing was a trip to County Line on the Hill three meat combo of Beef Ribs, Sausage, and Brisket sides were blah

Later we went to Austin Land and Cattle started with the Spicy Blue Crab Confit with fried Avocados

Next up was the Oysters Texefeller gulf oysters, spinach, bacon and a dash of pernod

Finished off the meal with a 22 oz. Bone in Ribeye cooked rare like it's supposed to be with Truffled bacon mac and cheese

My boys rehearsal dinner was at Salt Lick so you know it went down only got a picture of 1 out of 4 plates and it was the smallest

Something from Madame Mam's I was hungover and ready to get to the wedding

Picked up some In-N-Out before dropping the fiancee at the airport 3 Double Doubles Animal Style with Animal Fries Peppers on the side

Last night alone in the Hotel so i ordered Rocco's Grill from down the street grabbed the Shrimp Cocktail, the Capellini Mia with Scallops and a side of Mushroom Risotto

Im sure I missed some stuff but it was a fun trip

dole whip float and horchata shaved ice at Pineapples in San Francisco. And yes, I know the horchata shaved ice looks just like plain old ice haha.

Any of you LA folk eat at Kawaba? 
nerd.gif
 Rice balls are on point and they have delicious fried chicken which is strange for a japanese restaurant. 

Any of you LA folk eat at Kawaba? :nerd:  Rice balls are on point and they have delicious fried chicken which is strange for a japanese restaurant. 

love korean fried chicken

i've never had like japanese fried chicken where it's like drum sticks and thighs. usually just karaage which is bomb as f anyway.

fried chicken cartilage :pimp:

Last edited:
I had fried chicken at a Japanese restaurant before and it was awesome.
love korean fried chicken

i've never had like japanese fried chicken where it's like drum sticks and thighs. usually just karaage which is bomb as f anyway.

fried chicken cartilage
pimp.gif
Really? Damn I would never even think to order fried chicken there until a friend told me it was fire. It wasn't a drummy or thigh. It was like a chicken strip so I assume it was breast meat. Gonna have to try Korean fried chicken.

It was at some expensive Japanese grill place. Some fried chicken came with whatever meal combos people ordered. I took a bite and was like damn this is good like some Korean fried chicken.

Back
Top Bottom