FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Giardiniera can be put on any and everything.

smokin.gif
bought a 5 gallon jug from Costco.

It's amazing on pizza 

It took me 28 years to realize I could make better fries on my own.  Just gotta slice them up to your liking, fry them, prepare your seasoning (I like salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and fresh rosemary/thyme), season them, throw them on a baking sheet, pop them in the oven on 350 until they're fully crisp on one side, flip, crisp on the other, then flourish.  
pimp.gif

It took me 28 years to realize I could make better fries on my own.  Just gotta slice them up to your liking, fry them, prepare your seasoning (I like salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and fresh rosemary/thyme), season them, throw them on a baking sheet, pop them in the oven on 350 until they're fully crisp on one side, flip, crisp on the other, then flourish.  :pimp:
Not to sound lazy (cuz I've done this myself) but that's mad work. That takes a good 15 min or so.

The whole pre-cut, fried, and persevered fries done spoiled me. Done in 8 min or less.

Last edited:
I got a vegetable cutter as a present and I use that to cut my potatoes into fries. I like skin on my fries so I don't even have to peel the potatoes. I need to buy a more expensive, sharper one though. Sometimes it feels like i'm going to break the cutter if a potato won't push through.

Speaking of marinara, anyone else's pizzeria charge you for marinara sauce? I know times are rough but damn. They used to always give me some when I ordered garlic knots. Now I gotta ask for it and they charge me for a little dipping container of it.

Wow I aint hear about that. Straight up foul :lol: Granted I do keep going to the same spots around my way that haven't changed much and only recently raised prices.

I picked up their new, updated takeout menu today. They list marinara sauce under their specialties, a small sauce is 50 cents and large is 75 cents. It's not a damn specialty, it's some standard sauce.

Went to Austin last week and ate well

Friday night went to St. Genevieve in MSP

Started with Tete de Cochon, pretty much crispy pig's head

Followed up by the Tartare d' Agneau lamb tartare wrapped in a crisp shell

Finished with Navarin d' Agneau Lamb Roulade bathed in it's on Jous

How did you like St. G? I used to work with like half their cooks.

How did you like St. G? I used to work with like half their cooks.

My Co-worker recommended it she liked the food but not the hostess. I really liked my food, but the Fiancee's duck was really tough, just like most reviews mention. By the way where do you work now, I'm always looking for good places to eat in MSP.

Chicken & Waffles @ Southern Provisions
With chicken like this on ya chicken and waffles the waffles become equivalent to pasta or some other starch based food you eat with meat :lol:

Looking like bbq chicken :lol: Looks good though 8)

Back
Top Bottom