FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Chicken sausage and shrimp
20230430_214029.jpg

^^^ In Santa Monica there's a restaurant curtently operating out of what was a funeral home until a few years ago. On the website they say the building used to be a "church", without any furthrer specifics.

^^^ In Santa Monica there's a restaurant curtently operating out of what was a funeral home until a few years ago. On the website they say the building used to be a "church", without any furthrer specifics.
Seems like more & more churches are being converted into other businesses. The brewery I was at was a First Baptist church from 1840. That original 1840 church was taken down & replaced with the current one in 1910. It stopped being a church in the 90's and ended up being used for various businesses since.

I don't know if I could eat at a restaurant that used to be a funeral home tho :lol:

on the topic of Whole Foods AGAIN, I personally don't need to shop there. I have several groceries stores and a fish market (kowalskis, lands and coastal seafood) closer to me than Whole Foods with just as good if not better produce and meat.

I'd rather spend my money those places.

It’s a bakery and cafe. Looks like there’s a chain of them, called “Tartine”.

I’ll give it a shot and pick up a haunted croissant or something.
Bruh, I thought you were saying it was a church that converted to a funeral home for a few years and then closed down. If I'm reading it right, that joint been a funeral home since 90 years ago lol. Ain't no way I'd eat a crumb from that place.

I read in the same article that there's a place called Eden Garden Bar & Grill in Pasadena that used to be a funeral home too. Wonder how many funeral homes been converted to restaurants that don't disclose that information.

Bruh, I thought you were saying it was a church that converted to a funeral home for a few years and then closed down. If I'm reading it right, that joint been a funeral home since 90 years ago lol. Ain't no way I'd eat a crumb from that place.

I read in the same article that there's a place called Eden Garden Bar & Grill in Pasadena that used to be a funeral home too. Wonder how many funeral homes been converted to restaurants that don't disclose that information.

Oh yeah, it was a funeral home for decades. The first funeral I ever went to was there. So eating in there just seems way weird to me.

Oh yeah, it was a funeral home for decades. The first funeral I ever went to was there. So eating in there just seems way weird to me.
I’m uncomfortable in places I know have dead bodies or are known / were known for carrying dead bodies.

I couldn’t eat there no matter how good anyone told me the food is lol

I’m seeing a lot of videos on my TikTok feed today regarding British people ordering Chinese takeout.

They’re unboxing their meals and saying “I got myself a Chinese”. Is that normal? Why is it said like that?

Also, the Chinese restaurants over there serve “salt and pepper chips” (fries) and it seems to be a common theme to order that?

I’m also seeing a consistent theme of a “curry sauce” being dumped all over the food and plate once they finish plating it.

The “egg fried rice” looks to mostly have eggs and rice, no veggies or anything?

Why is this SO different from what Americans are used to?

Example:

Last edited:
I feel this way about hospitals and idk why
Yep- Hospitals are an uncomfortable place for me specifically because I cant stop thinking about how there’s a morgue in every one and dead bodies sitting in it.

One time I had to leave the hospital late at night, walked down the wrong hallway and got this really off feeling that I was near the morgue. Idk if I was, I just kept walking. But just creeps me out.

Back
Top Bottom