FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Scallops can be tricky if you buy the wrong ones

I think the last time I made them they came out ok but I've had trouble getting a good sear in the past

The only time I had an issue getting a good sear on scallops was when I was trying to cook a big batch all at once in a large pan.

I just make sure they’re as dry as humanly possible before putting them in the pan.

Do y’all kill the whole pint at once? I usually eat half a pint at a time.

I take a few spoons after dinner.

I try to make the pint last a week.

If you feel guilty just fast for a week

I only eat ice cream once a week on Sundays and the only other thing I eat that day is an açaí recovery bowl (I’ve been doing 2lbs of ingredients but may cut back this week). So needless to say, I kill the whole point because I earned it from the week :lol:

Do you toss with a little flour or cornstarch?

I've always gone raw

Like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford mentioned it's been a moisture issue for me

The only time I had an issue getting a good sear on scallops was when I was trying to cook a big batch all at once in a large pan.

I just make sure they’re as dry as humanly possible before putting them in the pan.

I think the times I've had trouble I didn't dry them much ahead time and they released too much moisture during the cook

Last time I believe I left them uncovered in the fridge overnight

There's also "wet" and "dry" scallops which was news to me. Dry is what you want

IMG_4203.jpeg
I forget how simple and delish a good grilled cheese can be!

I've always gone raw

Like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford mentioned it's been a moisture issue for me

I think the times I've had trouble I didn't dry them much ahead time and they released too much moisture during the cook

Last time I believe I left them uncovered in the fridge overnight

There's also "wet" and "dry" scallops which was news to me. Dry is what you want
Yeah you don’t need flour/cornstarch, but if you aren’t using you def gotta make sure they’re bone dry.

I think the angle is throwing off. How many tacos is that? I’m thinking two but they look HEALTHY :lol: :smokin

:lol: two tacos

DSA prolly got a few pizza slices hiding in them tacos

1 slice under there which will NOT be counted in my slice count

His post is exactly what I was talking about in regard to competitive nature of the thread. He saw my 2/3 burrito on Thursday, B Sox’s unknown amount of burritos yesterday and now he’s getting in on it today.

wait till my in-n-out post later tonight...

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom