probably gonna add sausage and another layer of pepperoni next time but it was
really good

Just a suggestion, no disrespect.

Crisp up those pepperonis next time.

Solid concept, just seems like the insides need more "body."

Been looking over 2023 expenses. Restaurants vs groceries is an interesting one

Metric of note is an average of $14.11 on lunches out

Average CFA order (now out of the rotation) was $11.57

After going to Whole Foods yesterday and sleeping on it, I was reminded of this post. Do you have an idea of what it costs you for lunches you made? I think buying stuff for my own lunches costs more but at the same time, I think lunches are just more expensive in general.

For example, on Thursday that was my first time in that cafeteria and those 2 tacos and fries cost $10.99 + tax. I am old to remember generously sized entrees + sides being $7-8 :lol: Even the the salad bar at WF was $11.99 per lb. It was definitely cheaper in the 2010s because I often used to rock with that or the chicken pesto + smoked mozzarella and potatoes from “The Kitchen”.

This also may be why I noticed a lot of folks just forego lunch now too :nerd:

pizza sliders
AfterlightImage.jpeg

AfterlightImage.jpeg

AfterlightImage.jpeg

AfterlightImage.jpeg

roasted garlic butter with some pepper flakes to put over the top
AfterlightImage.jpeg

AfterlightImage.jpeg

probably gonna add sausage and another layer of pepperoni next time but it was
really good

These look fire bruh :pimp:

How many slices we counting this as, though? I have to say this is probably the most creative, innovative and progressive thread on NikeTalk. Y’all keeping pushing the boundaries of what constitutes a slice and the idea that all slices don’t have to look the same. This is greater than the evolution of the Step Back 3.

Without exact area dimensions, based on the quantity of pepperonis I think those are pretty big sliders so I could see anywhere from 1-3 being a slice. Either way they are definitely legal and fair game

Just a suggestion, no disrespect.

Crisp up those pepperonis next time.

Solid concept, just seems like the insides need more "body."
yeah it’s supposed to be more like a hot deli sandwich but i agree. it was good but a little light. need more meat in there.

as far as slices go, i would say this whole thing would be equal to 2 slices. i am officially not entering these slices in to contention

The only way I could really see it evening out somewhat is if you felt the need to eat 5 completely different lunches per week, to where your groceries couldn’t overlap.

For example though, a chicken Caesar salad at Panera costs $12. If you were cool with eating some sort of variation of salad/chicken on most days, you could absolutely buy lettuce and chicken breast/thigh with other veggies for significantly less than what you’d pay buying multiple salads from Panera :lol:

Desert storm2006 storm2006

Why are you convinced buying food to make your own lunch would cost as much or more than eating out for lunch?

#NTMaff

The only way I could really see it evening out somewhat is if you felt the need to eat 5 completely different lunches per week, to where your groceries couldn’t overlap.

For example though, a chicken Caesar salad at Panera costs $12. If you were cool with eating some sort of variation of salad/chicken on most days, you could absolutely buy lettuce and chicken breast/thigh with other veggies for significantly less than what you’d pay buying multiple salads from Panera :lol:

DC, it is exactly what B Sox B Sox said. If you are meal prepping and doing a lot of the same throughout the week then it will be cheaper. But if you are eating different stuff then it will be more expensive. For 12 Oz of veggies or salad, ~12 Oz of fruit, and 4-5 oz hummus you are coming close to $10. Add any sort of meat/fish/meat substitute/tofu protein in there then you are going to go over $12 per meal. That’s not factoring in if you want something like yogurt, chips, etc to top it off either.

yeah you gotta eat the same **** during the week mostly to cost effectively meal prep

i've done it before and it is def cost effective

Yeah and I think it all depends what you are meal prepping for. If your primary concern is to reduce costs then you have to go with the same stuff or eat light. But if your concern is just to be more health conscious and you want some diversity then it is going to be at least the same.

Aren’t most of those weekly meal delivery/prep services expensive too?

yeah. my girl uses Thistle for 5-6 meals a week. its like $13-$14 a meal plus small delivery fee or whatever

they're good and nutritious but they aint cheap

Well yea; if you are somehow buying single serving sizes of things at the grocery store and not repeating meals, sure it will be expensive.

But you can meal prep and rotate between 2 different meals. That gives you variety, if that is enough variety is a different story.

Yeah and I think it all depends what you are meal prepping for. If your primary concern is to reduce costs then you have to go with the same stuff or eat light. But if your concern is just to be more health conscious and you want some diversity then it is going to be at least the same.

Now that I think about it even if you want variety , you would still be measuring the cost per meal. Which wouldn't change just because you bought more groceries to have a wider variety of food.

Nothing you are making in the house is coming to 12-16 per meal.

The cost per meal is the measuring stick.

Now that I think about it even if you want variety , you would still be measuring the cost per meal. Which wouldn't change just because you bought more groceries to have a wider variety of food.

Nothing you are making in the house is coming to 12-16 per meal.

The cost per meal is the measuring stick.

Cost per meal was what this whole conversation was based on :lol: If you go fully manual then most of the time, no but EYE easily see how it could depending on the meal and ingredients.

After going to Whole Foods yesterday and sleeping on it, I was reminded of this post. Do you have an idea of what it costs you for lunches you made? I think buying stuff for my own lunches costs more but at the same time, I think lunches are just more expensive in general.

Not sure about price per home made meals

It would be less than eating out but closer than it could be

Overall spending on food was about 70% groceries and 30% restaurants

Cost per meal was what this whole conversation was based on :lol: If you go fully manual then most of the time, no but EYE easily see how it could depending on the meal and ingredients.

I can't see any realistic situation where a meal at home costs less than a similar eating out.

Nah Storms.

Back
Top Bottom