FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never got into the habit of packing work lunches

Would usually just snack on something light when I was in the office every day

These days I try to take a full lunch and grab something out. Easier to justify only 3 or so times a week

I never got into it either although I made attempts but it just never stuck.

I am rocking with these $12-16 home brought lunches that DC thinks don’t exist for the moment, though.

2 slices at best but it looks good

You know they must look really good when Spizike gives an honest slice assessment :lol: jape jape what was the inspiration behind those? I’ve never seen them before but am highly intrigued.

storm2006 storm2006 What would be a dish that you make in the house that you would realistically carry into work with you that costs $12-$16 per meal?

But yall never being in the habit of taking lunch to work might be why yall aren't understanding the economic benefits of it. ( No disrespect )

storm2006 storm2006 What would be a dish that you make in the house that you would realistically carry into work with you that costs $12-$16 per meal?

But yall never being in the habit of taking lunch to work might be why yall aren't understanding the economic benefits of it. ( No disrespect )

I never said it doesn’t have an economic benefit nor do I fail to see it. I clarified in my last post the meals were home brought which may differ from your term of homemade. But a 12-16oz bag/container of vegetables is $4-5 and the same for fruit. That’s $8-10. Half a container of hummus is $1.75. An RX Bar to top it off is $1.50 and if I throw in a Clif that’s another $1.25.

So for vegetables with a dipping vessel, fruit and nutrition bars that is a conservative $11-13. The same price as a Chipotle burrito (no guacamole and/or chips with dip as well)

1692562412803.png

Chipotle is cheap

$11-13 tier which is the same as what I broke down above.

Can we also get the DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican breakdown of cheap and nutritional work lunches? Put us on

No cinnamon egg shell water. Already have that one

I think where this can get murky is the grocery store where the ingredients are purchased. I feel like getting down to the $7-8 range with stuff from Whole Foods would be challenging.

I never said it doesn’t have an economic benefit nor do I fail to see it. I clarified in my last post the meals were home brought which may differ from your term of homemade. But a 12-16oz bag/container of vegetables is $4-5 and the same for fruit. That’s $8-10. Half a container of hummus is $1.75. An RX Bar to top it off is $1.50 and if I throw in a Clif that’s another $1.25.

So for vegetables with a dipping vessel, fruit and nutrition bars that is a conservative $11-13. The same price as a Chipotle burrito (no guacamole and/or chips with dip as well)

But you aren't eating an entire 12-16 ounces of fruit and veggies in a single meal storm2006 storm2006 .

A 10 ounce bag of frozen veggies can be eat least a side item for 2 meals.

12-16 ounces of fruit is a lot of fruit.

That's why I kept stressing cost per meal and not the price you are spending on the (full) items at the grocery store.

Some more McDonald's & local fast food spot yesterday. They got KFC up the block but we're leaving for Mecca tomorrow. I got to see what's up there food wise. Had date cheesecake & date ice cream. Both were great. The date ice cream has no added sugar. It contains only the sugar that's naturally in it. Some night time pics of the Minaras as well, so beautiful Mash’Allah.
Screenshot_20230820_175402_Weather.jpg
20230820_165327.jpg
20230820_173434.jpg
20230820_173441.jpg
20230820_173607.jpg
20230820_173618.jpg
20230820_201855.jpg
20230820_221158.jpg
20230820_221206.jpg
20230820_221439.jpg

But you aren't eating an entire 12-16 ounces of fruit and veggies in a single meal storm2006 storm2006 .

A 10 ounce bag of frozen veggies can be eat least a side item for 2 meals.

12-16 ounces of fruit is a lot of fruit.

That's why I kept stressing cost per meal and not the price you are spending on the (full) items at the grocery store.

I don’t know what to tell you, man. I am literally consuming those exact items that were purchased at the above price points. It is why I used those specific quantities and prices and it is why EYE I am confident in my assessment. I have lived/am living it :lol:

What's the cost of a chipotle bowl bought compared to a home made chipotle bowl made with the same ingredients?

To be safe, add $3 to all listed prices.

I haven't seen a $7 burrito bowl from Chipotle in close to 7 years.

I don’t know what to tell you, man. I am literally consuming those exact items that were purchased at the above price points. It is why I used those specific quantities and prices and it is why EYE I am confident in my assessment. I have lived/am living it :lol:

This is a 10 oz bag of frozen vegetables.
This can feed 3 people minimum.

I come in peace but I find it impossible to believe you are eating 12-16 oz in a single meal.

But we can drop it.

All respects.

20230820_183455.jpg

This is a 10 oz bag of frozen vegetables.
This can feed 3 people minimum.

I come in peace but I find it impossible to believe you are eating 12-16 oz in a single meal.

But we can drop it.

All respects.

20230820_183455.jpg

A lot of things I do are met with a similar critique so I respect your disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom