FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Copenhagen is like an Amsterdam that got its act together. Smorrebrod at Tivoli Food Garden:

Danish meatball and fish filet
IMG_0974.jpeg

Marinated shrimp and roast pork
IMG_0975.jpeg

Last time I bought a chicken roll it was only $7-8. and it was bigger. Paid $13.35 for this chicken roll and a bottle of Coke.
IMG_5072.jpeg

Both pieces comprise ONE chicken roll? Without weight and dimensions, that looks like a healthy sized portion for $13.35 USD (inclusive of a Coke) in todays dining environment.

It was aight. I do remember them having more chicken and being bigger. But food costing more and shrinking is common for most places now. Stopped getting heroes from delis because the sandwiches are significantly smaller while going up $3-4.

I can’t recall ever seeing just flaming hot in the Doritos. We’ve had flaming hot nacho for a while.
IMG_2444.jpeg

I think the closest thing to flaming hot WITHOUT the nacho flavoring is the tapatio ones. And they’re really good.
IMG_2445.jpeg
Been wanting to try those tapatio and the salsa verde ones but I haven’t seen them anywhere here in Mass

Copenhagen continues to be most excellent. Went to Restaurant Karla for a traditional Danish meal.

Potato leek soup with bacon and chives:
IMG_0978.jpeg

Fish cakes for me, weinerschnitzel for her:
IMG_4895.jpeg

Doing the meal I’ve been the most excited about tomorrow night.

Noma? Their vegetable menu is supposed to be incredible.

Those Tapatio Doritos are the ones. Only ever saw them out West

Probably a good thing cuz I’d be going through too many bags

Back
Top Bottom