FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

B Sox B Sox

Re: RR

How many rounds of fries could you go through on an empty stomach?
We should pick a week (I say a week to give a window to pick a day to go) where people in da thread can head to da official restaurant of the NT Food Thread Vol. Grub Life and compete in an annual fry eating contest. See who can put down the most rounds in one sitting.

Picture proof of empty baskets is needed, flash in the pic is a must.

I am down if everyone else is down.

Red Robin Week.

And everyone gives the "proper" review.

Not built for a fry contest though. Waste of stomach space.

Last edited:
the "proper" review.

what-do-you-mean-by-that-druski.gif

:lol:

And this afternoon after a long walking tour of the city we had this gelato - all GF from a place that gets great reviews - and I would definitely recommend it. Been a long time since I’ve had a cone. This was pistachio, hazelnut cream, and a sort of cookies and cream.

IMG_6381.jpeg

I am down if everyone else is down.

Red Robin Week.

And everyone gives the "proper" review.

Not built for a fry contest though. Waste of stomach space.
Along with a burger? And no apps? Maybe 2? I don’t really enjoy crushing fries like that though.

As I have gotten older I tend to enjoy fewer fries than an abundance of them. Not trying to fill/stuff my stomach with them. I would rather savor in the entree (sandwich, wrap, steak, etc) and like DC said, have space for that. Not going as far to call them a waste doe

A lot of fries just aren’t very good and easily fall into WOC territory

Was pleasantly surprised by the shake shack crinkles the couple times I’ve had them

Tocaya

IMG_3227.jpeg

Asada and Baja tacos

Curious how profitable taco businesses are.
Tacos booming seems like.
You're in LA right? Those 1986 Tacos cats were just a pop up a couple years ago and now they got 6 locations. I posted about Villas tacos before and they started as a pop up during the pandemic and they opened their first location earlier this year and they're about to open up a second spot at Grand Central Market.

To those in the industry like my brother; hell’s kitchen is releasing entire services from their show with none of the American prime time show fake dramatic music and cutting scenes together to make everything look worse.

Bro said it felt like he was actually at work. Yelling does occur but nothing like TV

Back
Top Bottom