FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Circling back to eating in our cars for a sec...in my Challenger I absolutely do not allow myself or anyone to eat anything in that car. Bottle of water is all that is on the menu in that car, period! I make 0 exceptions on that! My Maxima meh...given it's rough shape I don't mind all too much. Although me & my fam always eat at a table when we go out or if we take our food to go we wait till we get home like 9 1/2 times outta 10. Time to time I'll munch on an onion ring or 2 in my Max with my right hand while driving & keep my left hand clean and food free & on the wheel or like today have a quick bite of a slice. To clean my hands I always have water & hand sanitizer & a ton of napkins in my car. Eating in a car is uncomfortable to me so mostly I avoid it & rather just stand outside & rest the pizza box on the hood and eat it.

again, some people need a bib and to be bathed after eating (my 3 year old nephew is the same way, no shame in that).

others can eat properly. it's really not that hard to eat a burger and fries in the car without touching everything before cleaning your hands. seeded bagels, sure. seeds will tumble. but wrappers, bags, box trays are enough to catch the food that's missing your mouth when you eat
DSA imma let you slide out of the love I got for you but this post was mad disrespectful :rofl:

DSA imma let you slide out of the love I got for you but this post was mad disrespectful :rofl:

it's all love. i got nothing but love for the food thread :pimp:

I honestly didn’t expect it to get borderline disrespectful in here over eating in the car :lol:

No Duck Tales but I honestly can’t remember ever eating in the whip in like 15 years. Think it’s just a function of being on business travel and/or being driven around for so long. Even now that I’m driving myself, because I do intermittent fasting I am eating breakfast at home then my second meal is at the office, in a restaurant or at home.

Circling back to eating in our cars for a sec...in my Challenger I absolutely do not allow myself or anyone to eat anything in that car.

spizike231 spizike231 I know you peeped this…I can’t even hold him because I got multiple cars as well but I’m thinking Z has a whole fleet of vehicles :nerd:

I eat in my car all the time... All I do is use my leather portfolio and put that on my lap to eat my food there... then to make sure the food doesnt get on my drip I tuck a hand towl in the colar of my shirt similar to a bib... it looks funny but it works... saw someone on youtube do it and been doing it since lol...

some people are able to eat like adults and others can't help but eat like babies so i get it. it's definitely not for everyone

again, some people need a bib and to be bathed after eating (my 3 year old nephew is the same way, no shame in that).

others can eat properly. it's really not that hard to eat a burger and fries in the car without touching everything before cleaning your hands. seeded bagels, sure. seeds will tumble. but wrappers, bags, box trays are enough to catch the food that's missing your mouth when you eat
Damn at least @ the guy

yeah it’s not that hard to not be a slob in the car when eating and make a mess everywhere
it’s not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do

and in this day and age everyone should have hand sanitizer on them at all times.
pretty simple solution

I definitely don’t prefer to do it, but my job kinda requires me to end up eating in the car every now and then.

And it’s really not difficult to not make a mess :lol:
I don't mean this the way it sounds, but it really only takes a moderate level of adult awareness. If you're hyper sensitive about it, even better.

Screenshot_20231017_091552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231017_091221_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231017_091248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231017_091318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231017_091426_Samsung Internet.jpg

I honestly didn’t expect it to get borderline disrespectful in here over eating in the car :lol:
Since you're fairly new to being a regular poster in here you wouldn't know that there actually a long history of things in the Food Thread getting spicy over some of the most random, seemingly innocuous topics :lol: Black pepper usage, "butter rolls", and meat thermometers are a few examples of topics that became controversial. It was worse when nawghtyhare nawghtyhare was still around, but still happens occasionally.

Last edited:
yeah it’s not that hard to not be a slob in the car when eating and make a mess everywhere

and in this day and age everyone should have hand sanitizer on them at all times.
pretty simple solution
My favorite part is where not wanting greasy fingers in my vehicle and not wanting crumbs or small spillage piling up over a period of time = someone being a slob or not knowing how to eat like an adult

:rofl:

pretty simple solution
Hand sanny and water wipes at all times :pimp:

spizike231 spizike231 I know you peeped this…I can’t even hold him because I got multiple cars as well but I’m thinking Z has a whole fleet of vehicles :nerd:
Z is slowly outing himself.. he tries to fit in with us peasants but it’s becoming abundantly clear that he moves differently than us.

I’m happy for him.. but he don’t gotta front with this Maxima to act like he ain’t got it like thag

Tasting Menu + Wine Pairing @ Humo- London.

Think it was the coolest culinary experience I’ve had. Got to sit right next to the chef and watch him work and chop it up with him a bit. Restaurant doesn’t use gas or electric to cook. Forgot to take pics of one of the courses which was various mushrooms. I’ve done a complete 180 on them over the last year or so and am now a big fan. Dish was awesome.

Couldn’t recommend this spot more if you’re in town.

02B767A9-7858-41F9-B6CB-217BE7BE56D0.jpeg
E5801182-5767-45B6-BC37-CE5C6990D09F.jpeg
B513435C-472E-43BF-8B30-D05F3D082442.jpeg
3DF016A4-2447-4D36-A337-3547D2220074.jpeg
AD9EFCCF-239D-4BEB-9E1F-9295F6312001.jpeg
2FD430A2-0FB4-46CA-8DE7-1B5816103DD8.jpeg
E761FC27-A18A-4C5F-A6F5-AB7776EAF14F.jpeg
2544A42E-E9A2-48BB-85AD-1E3748CA9941.jpeg

Gotta love the transition from an intimate gourmet experience to "Pick you top 3 french fries". :lol:

Checkers/Rallys
Five Guys..when I can afford it
Whataburger

McD’s
Arby’s
TBell

(I’ve only had a little over half of the options on that list I think).

Back
Top Bottom