FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Speaking of vegan food, how would y'all feel if you went to a wedding and they hit you with the surprise all vegan menu?

My boy went to one a couple weeks back and he got hella salty cause it was all vegan and not open bar :lol:

I think I'd be kinda irked.

Its only right they let everyone know, but with that being said I'd be mad about the bar not the food.

Vegans are extremely creative now with good. Taste as good as regular food but cleaner....less greesier. For the most part you don't get that draggy sloppy feeling after.

An example is this pulled pork sandwich made from Jackfruit....from portal in Oakland

If they hit me with a surprise vegan menu, best believe I'm removing some $$$ from their wedding gift 
laugh.gif

Speaking of vegan food, how would y'all feel if you went to a wedding and they hit you with the surprise all vegan menu?

My boy went to one a couple weeks back and he got hella salty cause it was all vegan and not open bar
laugh.gif

Its only right they let everyone know, but with that being said I'd be mad about the bar not the food.

Vegans are extremely creative now with good. Taste as good as regular food but cleaner....less greesier. For the most part you don't get that draggy sloppy feeling after.

An example is this pulled pork sandwich made from Jackfruit....from portal in Oakland
You lying to yourself if vegan foods taste as good as the real stuff. I've been to the butchers son in Berkeley, and it was nothing like the real thing. 

You lying to yourself if vegan foods taste as good as the real stuff. I've been to the butchers son in Berkeley, and it was nothing like the real thing. 
Been vegan for a few years and before that was vegetarian. I do think my taste buds have changed because I can swear some foods taste just as good as the "real" thing, so it's definitely possible

Been vegan for a few years and before that was vegetarian. I do think my taste buds have changed because I can swear some foods taste just as good as the "real" thing, so it's definitely possible
My sister is vegan. So I think that the taste buds change. I try her food all the time and she swears that it taste like the real thing. It's good but it's nowhere near the real thing

You do realize meat is basically bland and flavorless. You have to "season" the rotting flesh with plants/seeds to add "flavor" to it.

So if you use jack fruit which shredds and looks like pulled pork/chicken and "season" it with a jamaican jerk blend or whatever blend of spices you just might be able to fool 95% of the people that sample it, to think they just ate real meat.

The same can be done with wheat gluten.

To each his own, I like most of their stuff. Jus not the "cold meats".

You do realize meat is basically bland and flavorless. You have to "season" the rotting flesh with plants/seeds to add "flavor" to it.

So if you use jack fruit which shredds and looks like pulled pork/chicken and "season" it with a jamaican jerk blend or whatever blend of spices you just might be able to fool 95% of the people that sample it, to think they just ate real meat.

How sway ? Half Fruit has a unique taste l. Ain't no way in hell you'll be able to fool people with it. Especially people who know what Jack Fruit is.

How sway ? Half Fruit has a unique taste l. Ain't no way in hell you'll be able to fool people with it. Especially people who know what Jack Fruit is.

I've done it on my own and it tasted too much like fruit, but I've been to a couple restaurants that did the Jackfruit sandwichs and theyre done perfect.

My boy went to one a couple weeks back and he got hella salty cause it was all vegan and not open bar
laugh.gif

Went to one over the summer....all raw vegan menu.  We knew beforehand that it was going to be vegan, so we brought fried chicken with and ate it after lol

People were drunk quick because that food doesn't absorb alcohol at all.  

If they hit me with a surprise vegan menu, best believe I'm removing some $$$ from their wedding gift :lol:

Lol mainly why I asked. My friend was like, "damn if I knew I'd be eating vegan and I'd have to pay for all my drinks, I wouldn't have given as much :smh:"

Back
Top Bottom