FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

FB_IMG_1700166635741.jpg

Why do you prefer the dry brine over the wet one? big j 33 big j 33
Convenience for one. Not having to deal with a submerged turkey in my fridge, sprinkling a mix of kosher salt and baking powder was easier. I know sometimes people put aromatics in their brine too, but I never really feel like that benefits much for turkey. That's why I prefer using the herb butter under the skin and on top of it before I cooked it.

And the two times I did a dry brine It produced very moist turkey. It was a hit. Not sure if it was the brine or a combination, but I'm pleased with the results.

for the benefits of a wet brined turkey you lose the same texture of a dry brine. and you can also just inject a dry brined turkey to achieve the flavor of a wet brined turkey

I will say that wet brining a turkey is inconvenient as he'll. You basically need a second fridge in order to do it.

However, if you have the space and the resources it's absolutely worth it.

Dry brining works well for moisture. A wet brine can provide a little more flavor. I prefer a dry brine.

That's what I used.

Same for the spatchcock procedure and herb butter which was very flavorful. If your turkey works for you then keep rocking, but I won't go back to any other way. It was a big hit too and the crowd is pretty picky and would absolutely roast me (no pun intended) if the turkey sucked. Favorite part of the spatchcock is the speed too.. freed me up prep time and oven time.

Yall that live on the East Coast can just put your turkey in a bucket and let it wet brine outside. It's definitely cold enough. (Save space in the fridge)

I underestimate how much the general population loves chicken tenders. raising cane’s tenders are good but everything else is just aight.

Speaking of Raising Kane, they had the truck at the Jimmy’s tailgate last night. I want to keep kayfabe, but the chicken was hot and juicy and there was ample sauce. Kinda hit :lol:

20D1330A-0C9B-4CDB-A443-03276A4CFF8F.jpeg
Yeah none of the jokes are really wrong :lol:. But when it's right, at the right time, it's satisfying.

Just read on reddit people saying boston market was the best meal they've had on thanksgiving. No thanks.
My local neighborhood Boston Market gets super lit on Thanksgiving day. People start lining up around 5AM & the lines are insanely long. They do holiday food boxes too & people be brawling to get their hands on one :lol: . I'll try to take a pic this year to show you guys.

Back
Top Bottom