FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Enzo Steakhouse… Atlanta
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0564.jpeg

Was thinking about going there - how is it?

Another famous zmaqbool zmaqbool 🍕 run. We hit up 4 pizzerias & some dessert spots in between today. First stop was Cascarino's in Whitestone, Queens. I came here back in Oct & loved their sweet sauce. My sis in law also loves sweet sauce 🍕 so I had to bring her here- she loved it. Garlic knots were amazing too. We both agree it's almost as good as Dani's in Kew Gardens who're known for their sweet sauce.

Second spot was Margherita Pizza on Jamaica Avenue, Queens. A lot of NY'er NT'ers have mentioned this spot in the 🍕 thread & I've been meaning to check em out. The pizza here reminded us a lot of Gaby's on Hillside. The cheese was OD greasy & soupy. I liked it but will never be coming back.

From there we went to Lloyd's Carrot Cake shop in Riverdale, Bronx. I came here back in Oct & wanted my sister in law & bro to try it. This is hands-down the GOAT carrot cake in the tri-state area.

Then off to Patsy's pizzeria on 1st Ave Manhattan. They've been here since 1937 & were the first pizzeria in NYC to do pizza by the slice. And their pizza is absolutely phenomenal. Loved the char & crisp, it was reminiscent of New Haven pizza.

From there it was off to Saint Mark's Place in Lower East Side, Manhattan for what used to be known as Funzi's pizza but now has no name, lol. Reason for that is the owner backed out of the biz & took his name with him. For now, they haven't come up with anything for a new name. The pizza was a notch above okay. The sauce had a weird aftertaste. While we were here in LES & parked right outside of Mamoun's we decided to get it. Mamoun's is a joint known for their falafels & they're very popular. I had the East Village- falafel, Tahiti, hummus, olive oil.

From here it was on to Rice to Riche's. One of my absolute favorite dessert spots. It's a fun little shop where they do rice pudding. I got the chocolate chip & French toast.

From there my sis in law stopped in at Little Cupcake Bakeshop. She got Nutella cheesecake, oreo cheesecake, vanilla confetti cake, pumpkin spice cake & red Velvet cupcake & the blackout.

From there we went to this Dominican bakery in Corona, Queens called Sweet Occasions. My younger brother & sister in law used them for their gender reveal & baby shower cakes. Tres leches here is the best I've ever had. They really put the leche in tres leches, lol.
20231228_111502.jpg
20231228_112127.jpg
20231228_120616.jpg
20231228_120743.jpg
20231228_121244.jpg
20231228_131754.jpg
20231228_141613.jpg
20231228_141903.jpg
20231228_141925.jpg
20231228_145101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom