FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

In the market currently. Stay locked in.
IMG_4972.jpeg

just like any art is but somehow we still know whats good and bad

but do we though? I think time and time again what we show is that we are easily marketed to all loudly claim what is “good”. It’s like when the world class violinist plays for free in the subway and only 1 person stops to listen. It’s like when Payless becomes “Paylessi” and tricks everyone into buying expensive shoes. There’s really not objective good or bad that way it’s extremely prone to manipulation by social pressure and marketing.

going back to pizza.

almost always a fresh made pizza is going to be a lot better than if i pick up a pizza and drive home for 30 mins and it’s cooled down. nothing has changed except circumstances. little things like that can impact how one feels about a meal. like if i go to a restaurant and have to sit next to a bathroom i don’t care how good the food is im going to have that thought in my mind and automatically rate it down a point or two because of my experience.

going back to pizza.

almost always a fresh made pizza is going to be a lot better than if i pick up a pizza and drive home for 30 mins and it’s cooled down. nothing has changed except circumstances.

physical characteristics of the pizza change

a pizza fresh out of the oven is objectively different than one that's sitting out for 30 mins

little things like that can impact how one feels about a meal. like if i go to a restaurant and have to sit next to a bathroom i don’t care how good the food is im going to have that thought in my mind and automatically rate it down a point or two because of my experience.

agree with this to some extent. there is something to aesthetics and enjoying an experience

with that said I am usually the most critical of the restaurants that are higher end and present well

Back
Top Bottom