FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

image.jpeg
I refuse to eat at Geno's because of the racist signs they used to have at the ordering window. Google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Pat's is my go-to. The roast pork and broccoli rabe sandwich at DiNic's in Reading Terminal Market is also excellent.
It was suggested for us to go over to George's a few blocks away..in Little Italy? Sorry if that is the wrong name for that Italian section..that area is so cool..reminded me of Brooklyn..too bad it was pouring out..would have walked around there and went to South Street..I work only 20 mins out of Philly in Jersey..a lot of my coworkers are from Philly and the surrounding areas..there is a decent sized list of what is the best..always a debate..I had Tony Luke's but only at borgata..while eating the cheesteak i was thinking there's a little too much whiz..but then realized everything was perfection..ordered "cheese with, with mushroom" $12

Last edited:
Are authentic philly cheesesteaks supposed to be salty as hell? Never had one from philly but this food truck claiming to have authentic cheesesteaks just tasted like sodium with that nasty cheez whiz all over it.

@AustinTX heads, where am I go to for BBQ next weekend when I'm there? I know Franklin's unfortunately caught fire a few weeks ago and likely won't be re-opened yet.

Jim's is good. But they are known to have cleanliness issues, since then I stay away.

Are authentic philly cheesesteaks supposed to be salty as hell? Never had one from philly but this food truck claiming to have authentic cheesesteaks just tasted like sodium with that nasty cheez whiz all over it.
def not the same..u must get whiz on it tho..

I ain't gonna lie..Pat's was LEGIT..my sandwhich was ready before I was done paying for it..I'm gonna go back soon and get both Pat's and jims and make a comparison..only reason didn't go to south street was because it was a torrential downpour

there's no such thing as a clean fast food place. I've worked in fast food before lol
There are degrees to cleanliness though.

There's employees that actually wash their hands before leaving the bathroom and touching food with gloves and then there's establishments where employees don't.

Did something different than my usual fare this weekend: yesterday I made some shredded chipotle chicken and made them into some tacos with guacamole, cabbage slaw, pico, onion, cilantro, and hot sauce.
unnamed.jpg

Cooked a ribeye today so I went and made some bastardized tacos with caramelized onions, crumbled gorgonzola, and horseradish dijonnaise:
unnamed-1.jpg

there's no such thing as a clean fast food place. I've worked in fast food before lol
obviously, I've worked in food business before too. But go read some of Jim's recent infractions and tell me that ****s ok. There's levels to cleanliness, it's not black and white.

Back
Top Bottom