FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Bo zai fan
20171002_144518.jpg

Salsa verde scrambled eggs
20171001_144347.jpg

Yessir, I was offered a job in SoCal. Wife wanted to head back to CA and it was a good opportunity for us.

Wow, Din Tai Fun in Roseville? That's kind off random. IMO, Din Tai Fun would have been perfect near the new arena or hell, Elk Grove.

awesome...welcome back!! State Job?

yea i agree... When I first heard they were going to try to open one in Roseville, i was like of all the places like south sac, elk grove, Downtown, hell even North Natomas, they want to open one in Roseville? Who they trying to feed, the white folks around that area lol

LA Folks!

What are the go-to spots?? I'm here till tuesday and haven't really planned anything out.

Planning to hit howlin rays tomorrow in the AM before they open.

Never felt healthier than when I was on a vegan diet.

Took a while for the effects to kick in.

Felt depleted for weeks.

Have been eating like **** for weeks but have been working out to try to counter-balance my poor diet. Going back to veganism tomorrow.

Started today but ate some eggs.

Meh. I never felt "healthier" from doing both after some while. Only time I ever felt different as a result of changing my diet was when I cut back on carbs. And now doing this intermittent fasting thing.

I'm doing the keto thing. Been about a week now. I'm craving carbs so hard.

I've dropped about 4 pounds tho.

First time ever having in & out. Was aight. Fries didn’t taste that good even with all that animal style stuff on it. Cheeseburger was good. Was like a better version of a whopper. To me Shake Shack tastes better.
1C6840E0-20E5-4CA6-B3A1-023CD8ED5B8E.jpeg

Any must-go places in NYC?

To add to that bodega comment, get a chopped cheese. Bonus points if there's a cat in the bodega.

Halal Guys cart on 53rd and 6th (and other halal carts for that matter), Prince St. Pizza, Katz Deli, Artichoke Basille's, Crif Dogs, Doughnut Plant, Russ & Daughters, Momofuku Noodle Bar, Gray's Papaya, Amy Ruth's, Ivan Ramen

I could go on and on haha. And that's just Manhattan.

Oh yeah, and Peter Luger if you wanna treat yourself

LA Folks!

What are the go-to spots?? I'm here till tuesday and haven't really planned anything out.

Planning to hit howlin rays tomorrow in the AM before they open.
Eggslut (or Grand Central Market in general)
Free Range LA
LA Cafe (they got a great lobster grilled cheese)
Elbows Mac n Cheese (yet to try but my boy loves it)
Mario’s Peruvian & Seafood

Back
Top Bottom