FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

LA Folks!

What are the go-to spots?? I'm here till tuesday and haven't really planned anything out.

Planning to hit howlin rays tomorrow in the AM before they open.

off the top of my head

kang ho dong baekjeong - get a beef set with the ribeye.

hae jae chon - ayce kbbq

ham ji park - korean food

sugarfish - sushi

fathers office - great burgers and beers

plan check - burgers

leos taco truck - al pastor tacos w/ the pineapple

cha cha chicken - amazing carribean food

ROC - taiwanese soup dumplings, also get the garlic crab fried rice

din tai fung - taiwanese soup dumplings (i think ROC is better tho)

Santouka - probably my favorite ramen in LA

Daikokuya - good ramen, love their rice bowls

fat sals - sandwiches, go here if you're ****** up

nickel diner - everything is good here

bottega louie - if you feelin bottega bougie, if you have a girl bring here here. ladies go crazy over the macarons :lol:

blu jam cafe - great breakfast place

fratelli cafe - another great breakfast place

guisados - tacos, can get a sampler to sample all their tacos

bludsos - bbq

for dessert:

saffron and rose - middle eastern ice cream place, the pistachio is my favorite

churros caliente - churros

magnolia bakery - banana pudding is literally to die for

blockheads - shaved ice

i miss socal :frown:::

Last edited:
In the pizza thread earlier today

I had

1/2 prosciutto
1/2 onions & red peppers

Garlic knots & marinara
Chicken & broccoli rolls & marinara

photoedit_1507483989525-jpg.1986102

photoedit_1507484081461-jpg.1986103

photoedit_1507484183872-jpg.1986104

That is the best poutine spot in MTL :pimp:

Did you hit Schwartz?

Yessir, I got the fatty smoked meat from Schwartz's. It was delicious. I'll have to agree and say I liked it more than Katz's. It's not as salty, and not as expensive. The sandwiches are a bit smaller, but well worth the $9.75 Canadian. I also got bagels from Fairmont. I might rustle some jimmies in here, but I also prefer the Montreal style bagels. A little crispier, a little sweeter, and not as dense as NY bagels.

Yessir, I got the fatty smoked meat from Schwartz's. It was delicious. I'll have to agree and say I liked it more than Katz's. It's not as salty, and not as expensive. The sandwiches are a bit smaller, but well worth the $9.75 Canadian. I also got bagels from Fairmont. I might rustle some jimmies in here, but I also prefer the Montreal style bagels. A little crispier, a little sweeter, and not as dense as NY bagels.
I also prefer Montreal's bagels. Fairmont was great. That honey in the water does the trick.

Fairmont is good but I like St. Viateur the best. And yes, Montreal bagels are the best bagels in the world. Another great thing about MTL is the 18 drinking age. Went there for our high school grad trip, all we did was snowboard, eat and party :pimp:

Fairmont is good but I like St. Viateur the best. And yes, Montreal bagels are the best bagels in the world. Another great thing about MTL is the 18 drinking age. Went there for our high school grad trip, all we did was snowboard, eat and party :pimp:

I'll have to try St. Viateur if I ever make it back. I also liked the roast chicken at Romados. The sauce/chili oil that they brushed on it was so good. We also ate at Boustan, a lebanese restaurant. The shawarma combo was so much food for less than $12. And the potatoes with the garlic sauce were crack! My friends and I didn't check out much of the nightlife, since we just wanted to chill and drink at the place we were staying. I guess I'll plan another trip in the future.

Back
Top Bottom