FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Seafood Gumbo with andouille sausage and White Cheddar Mac n Cheese
20171208_220321.jpg
where this from :nerd:

I haven't been yet, but that's on my list of places to go. There's way too many spots in Downtown LA that I want to try. They stepped it up a lot out here in the past few years when it comes to food.
bruuuuh
go ASAP
get the surf and turf
substitute the prawn for a lobster
thank me later
went for the second time last week
still haven't had a chance to get dessert cause im always full
u ever been to the ranch restaurant in anaheim????

bruuuuh
go ASAP
get the surf and turf
substitute the prawn for a lobster
thank me later
went for the second time last week
still haven't had a chance to get dessert cause im always full
u ever been to the ranch restaurant in anaheim????
Cool I'll check it out. And nah I haven't been. I don't head out to the OC much. Only time I been was for some hookah spot.

Snowed yesterday in Maryland so we made something hearty. Had some neighbors over too. Filets with onions, crab cakes, & brussel sprouts with sliced mushrooms. Made some homemade steak fries too but forgot to take pics of those.

IMG_6174.JPG IMG_6175.JPG IMG_6176.JPG
Nice :smokin. Enjoyed the snow in Baltimore.

I made some brussels yesterday too. Honey garlic. Forgot to take pics though.

Most likely going to see this tonight

Busboys and Poets Books Presents: Michael Twitty
5th & K | Cullen Room | December 10, 2017 | 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Please join Busboys and Poets Books as we welcome renowned culinary historian and author Michael Twitty to Busboys and Poets to discuss his new book "The Cooking Gene."

Just got back from Philly. Did the required tourist trap of getting cheesesteaks from Pat's and Geno's.

Pat's was the clear winner between the two.

Snowed yesterday in Maryland so we made something hearty. Had some neighbors over too. Filets with onions, crab cakes, & brussel sprouts with sliced mushrooms. Made some homemade steak fries too but forgot to take pics of those.

IMG_6174.JPG IMG_6175.JPG IMG_6176.JPG

Or steak fries had ketchup on them so you didn’t post it

Or steak fries had ketchup on them so you didn’t post it

:lol: No. I almost never use ketchup when I eat fries especially good fries. I think it takes away from the flavor. Sometimes I’ll use the sweet & sour sauce on the rare instance I get McDonalds or the Polynesian sauce if I get Chik Fil A but only sometimes.

My favorite place in Philly for cheesesteaks is Jim’s Steaks on South St...

I love you, "If you put ketchup on fries, I look down on you" dudes. I swear some of yall will find any reason to make yourself seem above the next man

But I agree, BBQ is good on fries.

I love you, "If you put ketchup on fries, I look down on you" dudes. I swear some of yall will find any reason to make yourself seem above the next man

But I agree, BBQ is good on fries.

I like to control the amount of ketchup on each individual handful of fries or individual fry

When you put ketchup on a pile of fries some get more than others

I like to control the amount of ketchup on each individual handful of fries or individual fry

I thought the issue was using ketchup PERIOD.

Not dunking vs. Putting it on the fries.

BBut I agree, I rather dip

I think DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican was referring to this mindset, moreso:
:lol: No. I almost never use ketchup when I eat fries especially good fries. I think it takes away from the flavor. Sometimes I’ll use the sweet & sour sauce on the rare instance I get McDonalds or the Polynesian sauce if I get Chik Fil A but only sometimes.

My favorite place in Philly for cheesesteaks is Jim’s Steaks on South St...
There's something very laughable about becoming a snob over one of the cheapest/widely accessible food items available.

I don't care what you accompany your fries with, I just don't get the people that squirt a condiment directly over a pile of fries. There's gotta be a better way.

Back
Top Bottom