FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

A lil something I cooked up the other night.

Thought I'd throw this out there...if anybody is around the Chicago/Evanstown/NorthWestern area DEFINITELY check out this place. Korean BBQ. Amazing. Best kimchi I have ever had. And more.

Man, ya'll miki fikis being going out huh? :smokin

I'll rep ya'll when my limit expires...

Last edited:
Has anyone made their own carne asada fries?

Its hard to find a good spot in my city that has them

Need a good recipe
I know its simple but I think Im using the wrong steak ? Or does it matter

Last edited:

Need a good recipe
I think the type of cut you use is really up to you. I think they use flank steak for Carne Asada Fries seasoned with salt and pepper. 

Need a good recipe

I think the type of cut you use is really up to you. I think they use flank steak for Carne Asada Fries seasoned with salt and pepper. 

I concur, flank steak would be great to use however I'd recommend cooking no more than medium. If you overcook flank steak it tends to not turn out well in my experience.

I concur, flank steak would be great to use however I'd recommend cooking no more than medium. If you overcook flank steak it tends to not turn out well in my experience.
Agreed, I think 3 minutes on both sides on a hot pan and some oil would be just fine. 

Agreed, I think 3 minutes on both sides on a hot pan and some oil would be just fine. 

I was just going to go back to edit & say apprx 3-4 mins a side depending on the thickness of the meat. I'll rep you when my limit expires. :D

I was just going to go back to edit & say apprx 3-4 mins a side depending on the thickness of the meat. I'll rep you when my limit expires. :D

appreciate the advice. Will try it tomorrow for lunch.

Last edited:
Thought I'd throw this out there...if anybody is around the Chicago/Evanstown/NorthWestern area DEFINITELY check out this place. Korean BBQ. Amazing. Best kimchi I have ever had. And more.

Saw it on Triple D. Food he cooked looked awesome. I'm watching episodes on YouTube right now. Gonna have to find that episode.

Back
Top Bottom