FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

yesssss

FB49C2E8-EE83-488B-9228-9370D7A7724C.jpeg

oh yea, forgot about perch lol. I use them for perch fishing too. Last month, Monster Stripers been hitting these Sand crabs on the surf. What else you use for perch? Shimp? pile worms?
shrimp works well, blood worms too (you get a ton of baby leopard sharks biting too though plus expensive bait), mussel is awesome especially if its fresh. wish we had stripers down here :lol:

shrimp works well, blood worms too (you get a ton of baby leopard sharks biting too though plus expensive bait), mussel is awesome especially if its fresh. wish we had stripers down here :lol:
I thought they had stripe bass down there? i think I've seen folks on youtube catching it down. Stripe Bass are everywhere up here right now. From the surf to the Sacramento River. They are coming in to lay their eggs. I used to have a spot to dig those blood worms but now, they arent there anymore. Bet yeah, i use Blood worms in the Sac rivers for stripers and sturgeon and they are expensive lol....I'm ready to fish for for King Salmon

Does anyone know how to make Pasta Carbonara? May have to watch youtube videos.
Yeah it's really easy.

Render out a cured pork (traditionally guanciale, but bacon or pancetta works) I normally do a half pound per pound of pasta (I like bucatini).

Cook your pasta reserving some of the starchy water. Add the al dente pasta to the pork and take off heat. Add scrambled eggs (I usually do 3 yolks and 2 full eggs) which will get cooked from the heat of the pasta.

Add a bunch of pecorino romano and then add pasta water until all the pasta is coated and the sauce appears creamy.

Season with a bunch of freshly cracked pepper.

Yeah, just make sure the pan has cooled down enough so you get a sauce and not scrambled eggs.

Yeah, just make sure the pan has cooled down enough so you get a sauce and not scrambled eggs.
Yup I normally cook the pork in a Dutch oven before I drop the pasta then I take it off heat. By the time I add the pasta/eggs it's warm not hot

I have off from work until Friday so I'm gonna explore a bit over the next few days. Currently in the process of making chipotle pineapple shredded chicken tacos with a pineapple pomegranate salsa.

Will post final product pics if I'm sober enough.

Back
Top Bottom