FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Bolognese sauce and Italian gravy are sauces I wanna try making when I stop feeling lazy.

592FC2E3-1DB7-47DD-AB62-46108204BFC9.jpeg
Tuna with raw cabbage.

Been really tight with my diet for the past week or so in anticipation for what I'm gonna eat tomorrow. My preceptor at work heard I've lived on Long Island for 20+ years and have never gone to Se-Port Deli so he's making me report back on Friday after I've tried a sandwich. I've always wanted to go, just never made my way around to it. Now that I'm 5 minutes down the road I figured this was the opportunity to give it its day in court. Looked for the most over-the-top sandwich on the menu and I think this is the one I need to try:

Will post pics upon purchase.

Did he tell you to get the Gasm sandwich? Us Stony Brook students have had it. Even had our friends from other parts of NY fiending for it. Been told other sandwiches they have are better though but the Gasm is the most well known. I guess each area has a famous fried chicken sandwich because over here, a 24 hour deli is known for their Bindy sandwich.

Did he tell you to get the Gasm sandwich? Us Stony Brook students have had it. Even had our friends from other parts of NY fiending for it. Been told other sandwiches they have are better though but the Gasm is the most well known. I guess each area has a famous fried chicken sandwich because over here, a 24 hour deli is known for their Bindy sandwich.
He told me the Gasm is his go-to, and I know it's one of their most acclaimed. I feel like I need to go balls-deep though. It's either the sandwich I posted above or this one:

They’re probably all good AF. If you like iced tea, their tea is crack. I remember one time driving down one of the long roads and trying to eat a gasm at the same time. Steering wheel was covered in grease and I pulled over to enjoy my food.

They’re probably all good AF. If you like iced tea, their tea is crack. I remember one time driving down one of the long roads and trying to eat a gasm at the same time. Steering wheel was covered in grease and I pulled over to enjoy my food.
I figured as much. I'm not one for sugary drinks, but I feel like I might have to make an exception tomorrow.

I've done a second of research and it sounds like a "Bindy" sandwich is similar to a "Boone." Chicken cutlet, bacon, cheese, Russian dressing? Tell me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, never heard of boone though. There’s 2 delis here that call the same sandwich a Grand Canyon for some reason.

free haagen daaz cone day

4 to 8 pm
7425B391-7DB4-4550-89BC-6EEBF8E07648.jpeg

got me brownies :nthat:
went twice also

In today's installment of Eat Like You Hate Yourself, I bring you the Vic Ochi:
unnamed-4.jpg

Chicken cutlet, American cheese, bacon, french fries, tomato, macaroni salad, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, and hot sauce on a toasted garlic hero. This thing weighs a good 4 pounds and is sloppy as all hell. The macaroni salad just tends to drop out of the bottom and the sides while eating it. The flavors are fine, but nothing that necessarily would improve upon your classic chicken cutlet hero from any NY deli. I could barely finish half of this thing before tapping out. Looking forward to feeling like garbage for the rest of the day.

what you know about Dutch Pot? :pimp:

plansb plansb their portions are huge and you get a lot of bang for your buck. They're stingy with the plantains tho :smh:
Was down there in DEC, got put on to them by a dude at the Rental Car company. I was in Ft. Lauderdale for 4 days, I ate 2 meals (that stretched into 4). Place was good as hell man

Bananas are cheap as hell, I do not understand why stores are stingy with them when they transfer them to the plate. I don't get that for anything.

One day i’ll make it to Japan, home to us pervy / inappropriate Asians.
I didn't grow up eating much pork, so Pork based ramen always grosses me out. I can only eat pork in certain situations.

Ribs, Pepperoni, to name a few

I didn't grow up eating much pork, so Pork based ramen always grosses me out. I can only eat pork in certain situations.

Ribs, Pepperoni, to name a few

What’d you eat in Japan? I remember you saying you didn’t enjoy the food much.

Back
Top Bottom