FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind providing tomato and sour cream on the side if asked.

I never had tomatoes on Carne Asada fries, and some spots do and dont put Sour cream on them.

True. Something was missing though I’ve had a lot better, after my boy hyped it up I was disappointed lol

I was like half asleep and scrolling through social media last night and came across a post that said that shell fish are the insects of the sea and were considered peasant food. I can't find the post anymore, but was wondering if this is true?

No it's not true.
Shellfish are a delicacy eaten all over the world by various cultures for many millenia

No such thing as "peasants" or "peasant food"

Maggianos Little Italy the other night.
IMG_20180714_204437.jpg

IMG_20180714_203505.jpg

Maggianos is trash and fire at the same time.

Speaking of carne asada fries, homie took me to his spot in SD this weekend, was disappointed because the fries was just meat guac and cheese, no tomato no sour cream etc. Meh.

Most shops have their own way of making it. Some use nacho cheese which is nasty as hell. Next time ask what comes on it and if they don't come with tomatoes just add pico

What you know about Annabel Lee??

Bro, it's one of my favorite spots in Baltimore. Drinks are :pimp: and the fries.... *drools*
Like Santino said before he got capped... Duck fat makes all the difference in the world...

It really does...COMPLETELY changes up the taste of what you're eating.

Speaking of fries...and again w/ Baltimore ( B Sox B Sox ) here's another place I HIGHLY recommend.

The Local Fry

Peep the menu. LOVED this place.

No it's not true.
Shellfish are a delicacy eaten all over the world by various cultures for many millenia

No such thing as "peasants" or "peasant food"
Yeah I wouldn't call it peasant food, but it if you lived in a fishing town it was easy, cheap and accessible like some other fish so I guess it would be "peasant" food. But if you're going to go there there's a ton more food you'd have to put in that category because they were also cheap and accessible at some point, but are now delicacies. ie look how many discarded parts of the cow that used to be for "peasants" are now expensive as **** in a restaurant.

Bro, it's one of my favorite spots in Baltimore. Drinks are :pimp: and the fries.... *drools*

It really does...COMPLETELY changes up the taste of what you're eating.

Speaking of fries...and again w/ Baltimore ( B Sox B Sox ) here's another place I HIGHLY recommend.

The Local Fry

Peep the menu. LOVED this place.
I live right down the street from Annabel Lees.

Local Fry is fire.

I was like half asleep and scrolling through social media last night and came across a post that said that shell fish are the insects of the sea and were considered peasant food. I can't find the post anymore, but was wondering if this is true?

...someone on nt once posted that american slaves were fed lobster because it was so plentiful & cost effective then
and that it was not considered a delicacy then...and that the slaves were not thrilled with it...

i never verified this info

Lobsters require a dive, to me that’s just as dangerous as the process to catch King crabs. Dangerous Catch was my jam for a season or two

I heard that too.
Also fed to prisoners I think.

Lobster is overpriced imho

I hadn’t heard slaves but definitely prisoners. Lobster were so numerous that it was cheap to use them for prison food. It was banned as cruel and unusual punishment as they were given 2 lobster meals per day.

Back
Top Bottom