FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_20180718_152317.jpg

Egg tarts from Golden Gate Bakery. Bay heads should know.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-gate-bakery-san-francisco

Last edited:
I have never went anywhere with a fries first mindset.

Not saying It's wrong, some people might REALLY like fries.

Back when I use to eat McDonald’s. I would go out of my way just fries. I would past at least 5 McDonald’s on my way to one special spot that had the hottest fries. I can’t explain why this one spot in particular had the best tasting fries.

If you're going to say this about a burger:

Then why discredit a poutine version of fries?

*If you like fries and are ever in Baltimore, I HIGHLY recommend the duck-fat fries from Annabel Lee Tavern....laaaaawd :pimp:
What you know about Annabel Lee??

^^^one of my favorite things to eat when I hit San Diego...driving back down there next month. Can't wait :pimp:

I was like half asleep and scrolling through social media last night and came across a post that said that shell fish are the insects of the sea and were considered peasant food. I can't find the post anymore, but was wondering if this is true?

Jerk Chicken. Rice and peas under all the chicken and plantains. Look at all dem plantains. Finally fount a place that give me more than 2. Lady also gave me more plantains on the side and a sample of ox tails. Whole plate was fire!!

20180718_160546.jpg

Jerk Chicken. Rice and peas under all the chicken and plantains. Look at all dem plantains. Finally fount a place that give me more than 2. Lady also gave me more plantains on the side and a sample of ox tails. Whole plate was fire!!

20180718_160546.jpg

Where at?

Nah, I gotchu, bro...it's a fun discussion :lol:

I don't eat fast food like McDonald's, Wendy's, etc. so I wouldn't know about their fries.

However, right now, I wouldn't go to 5 Guys to get a burger at all because there are MUCH better options around my way...but I do 100% believe their fries are their best product.

Agreed. I’m a French fry guy 100% I could go in there and order a large Cajun fries and kill it solo without a burger for a meal.

If you pile enough on your plate, it’s no longer a side dish :wink:

:lol:

Speaking of carne asada fries, homie took me to his spot in SD this weekend, was disappointed because the fries was just meat guac and cheese, no tomato no sour cream etc. Meh.

Speaking of carne asada fries, homie took me to his spot in SD this weekend, was disappointed because the fries was just meat guac and cheese, no tomato no sour cream etc. Meh.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind providing tomato and sour cream on the side if asked.

I never had tomatoes on Carne Asada fries, and some spots do and dont put Sour cream on them.

Back
Top Bottom