FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If you don't hold their actual burger in high regard, I don't see how you can't say their fries are a better item....
They are fundamentally NOT on the same level

One is a SIDE
One is an entree

Again, this is for a reason.

A decent burger is going to do more for a person than a good batch of fries will. (Unless you are a skinny hippie vegan from Cali or something)

I have never went anywhere with a fries first mindset.

Not saying It's wrong, some people might REALLY like fries.

They are fundamentally NOT on the same level

One is a SIDE
One is an entree

Again, this is for a reason.

A decent burger is going to do more for a person than a good batch of fries will. (Unless you are a skinny hippie vegan from Cali or something)

That's irrelevant....It doesn't matter if it's a side. Mac & Cheese is a side...however, look at the portions people put on their plates at gatherings. There are NUMEROUS side-dishes that can outshine a main. Five Guys fries, to me, is just that.

I have never went anywhere with a fries first mindset.

Not saying It's wrong, some people might REALLY like fries.

You never had Belgium fries ?

I know this one spot back in nyc called pomes Fritas, it’s known for best fries you can get in nyc, and they only mainly sell fries no burgers at all.

That's irrelevant....It doesn't matter if it's a side. Mac & Cheese is a side...however, look at the portions people put on their plates at gatherings. There are NUMEROUS side-dishes that can outshine a main. Five Guys fries, to me, is just that.
Cool. We can just agree to disagree.

If Side Items were worth the Main Event Spot, they would be entrees.

But You are a good man.

Yea you are moving the entire goalpost now.

You know damn well that isn't answering my question.

Would YOU go out of YOUR way to EAT fries from 5 Guys.

That 100% answered your questions...and I'm not above getting a burger from one spot and fries from another. Been there and done that.

Cool. We can just agree to disagree.

If Side Items were worth the Main Event Spot, they would be entrees.

But You are a good man.

The mac & cheese example got you....

I'll take the W. :lol:

You never had Belgium fries ?

I know this one spot back in nyc called pomes Fritas, it’s known for best fries you can get in nyc, and they only mainly sell fries no burgers at all.

I'm not talking about any type of special fries like poo teen or whatever I'm talking about side fries.

Never in my life have I went anywhere that serves food and fries were at the forefront of my appetite.
I've never ordered just fries from any ff place

I'm not talking about any type of special fries like poo teen or whatever I'm talking about side fries.

Never in my life have I went anywhere that serves food and fries were at the forefront of my appetite.

Hmmm, different strokes for different folks.

I definitely eat Fast food fries if I don’t wanna order a burger or my pockets looking slim Jim.

Macaroni and Cheese might be the most highly touted Side Item. But it is still a side item.

It is the Ben Wallace of food. Sure in certain situations that is all you need, but 9/10 out of 10, it won't be the best thing on your plate.

If you're going to say this about a burger:

A burger is meat, bread, and a plethora of other choices

Then why discredit a poutine version of fries?

*If you like fries and are ever in Baltimore, I HIGHLY recommend the duck-fat fries from Annabel Lee Tavern....laaaaawd :pimp:

Because poutine is not a side dish.
There's a bunch of other stuff on it

I can't go and get a burger with a side of poutine anywhere near me.
I'm simply talking about side fries....sliced potatoes fried in oil.

Because poutine is not a side dish.
There's a bunch of other stuff on it

I can't go and get a burger with a side of poutine anywhere near me.
I'm simply talking about side fries....sliced potatoes fried in oil.

But you're talking burger toppings...NOT the actual burger meat. Which I said (5 guys) is decent at best.

If you're going to list all the variables involved in what you get on a burger, then loaded fries, poutine, etc. should be included in the discussion :lol:

This doesn't even have to go that far

You said 5 guys fries are better than their burgers.
In my opinion no fast food fries are better than their burgers.

I'm not saying what u think is wrong btw.

This doesn't even have to go that far

You said 5 guys fries are better than their burgers.
In my opinion no fast food fries are better than their burgers.

I'm not saying what u think is wrong btw.

Nah, I gotchu, bro...it's a fun discussion :lol:

I don't eat fast food like McDonald's, Wendy's, etc. so I wouldn't know about their fries.

However, right now, I wouldn't go to 5 Guys to get a burger at all because there are MUCH better options around my way...but I do 100% believe their fries are their best product.

Back
Top Bottom