FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Super Duper Burger In San Fran

One of my favorite fast food places: Chick-Fil-A

A local place here in Fairfield. A deli called Joe's Buffet

All of these places I rarely go to since I've recently started cooking :lol:

One of my friends on fb said to check out Jerby's Halal Cart on 10th Avenue. She had chicken and rice with fries in it. I need to check it out and get a combo with fries.

Super Duper Burger In San Fran

One of my favorite fast food places: Chick-Fil-A

A local place here in Fairfield. A deli called Joe's Buffet

All of these places I rarely go to since I've recently started cooking :lol:
Those fries!

That burger!

I want them...

Yup, I'm Vietnamese.

Unfortunately, I don't speak a lick of it nor understand the language. My dad left Vietnam during the war and nothing much stuck with him except the basics of the language/culture.

It was just a BBQ pork sandwich :lol:. Where do you stay? I live in San Francisco, so there are a few spots that have good, smiliar, MT that can be comparable to HK.

Edit: Looks like you're from Anaheim/LA - I'm sure there are some spots that have authentic HK MT! I thoroughly enjoyed Guppy House last time I went.
whats some good vietnamese spot in sf? i know tu lan, downtown sf is really good. they're vermicelli is probably the best i ever had. also whats a legit bubba spot that serve drinks with no powder

I'm gonna put you guys on for those of you that love halal chicken over rice. I suggest you check out the guys on 34th Ave and Steinway which is in Astoria. I been eating there for close to 20 years, had halal everywhere in NYC and nothing comes close to the level of quality and taste. Get the chicken over rice platter or if you are really hungry get the double chicken (2 skewers instead of one and they only charge you a dollar more instead of charging 2.75 for one skewer if you order it this way) or chicken and lamb. The lamb is really flavorful and they also have chicken shawarma some days. It's chicken, rice, grilled onion pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, fried eggplant, fries and fried jalapeno which you have to ask for. The plates are smaller but quality of the food is far superior than the crap some of these carts serve. The falafel is top notch as well, 4 piece for a dollar. So you locals that haven't tried it and those that are visiting go check them out and can thank me later. Take the R train to Steinway if you don't drive and get off the back exit. They are only there till 9pm.

I know a lot of people like 53rd and 6th but it's extremely over hyped. Considering the chicken is beyond bland and the lamb isn't very good. Sammy's people rave about on Roosevelt don't come close either.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm Vietnamese.

Unfortunately, I don't speak a lick of it nor understand the language. My dad left Vietnam during the war and nothing much stuck with him except the basics of the language/culture.

It was just a BBQ pork sandwich :lol:. Where do you stay? I live in San Francisco, so there are a few spots that have good, smiliar, MT that can be comparable to HK.

Edit: Looks like you're from Anaheim/LA - I'm sure there are some spots that have authentic HK MT! I thoroughly enjoyed Guppy House last time I went.
whats some good vietnamese spot in sf? i know tu lan, downtown sf is really good. they're vermicelli is probably the best i ever had. also whats a legit bubba spot that serve drinks with no powder
Popular Pho spot in SF: Turtle Tower (I believe it's Northern style) -- If you're coming from SoCal, I'm sure SoCal's is better and their price.

As for Boba, I like Tpumps, Eggettes (HK Milk Tea), Boba Guys (Tried the tea and it was similar to tpumps, pricey though), and Wonderful Foods (Friend's place, powder though).

Anyone from SF can feel free to add. I however, do not enjoy Teaway :x.

Little Star Pizza in San Francisco
I think theyre a little bit better than Zachary's but i would devour either.
Be ready to wait tho

xilegacy, I think I had food from that cart years ago. I remember it having peppers and onions. I thought it was alright, nothing special. I enjoyed the gyro i bought a lot more. My friend got sick from it somehow. She was texting me probably while sitting on the toilet. My friends live a few blocks away and would rather drive to the city for chicken and rice.

The taco truck in front of the cvs is awesome though.

Last edited:
Finally tried the pretzel bun bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's. It tastes good but the bread is thick like others mentioned. Maybe i'll get a double next time or try the chicken version.

Made some macaroni with ground turkey, bacon, tomato sauce and mozzarella. I'll try a Pizza Hut meat lover's version next with pepperoni, bacon, ground beef, and italian sausage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom