FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Disappointed that I woke up craving this particular meal from one of my favorite spots in DC and then finding out that they are temporarily closed until December.....

Kenny's Smokehouse (Capitol Hill)

Fried whiting with collard greens, sweet potatoes and cornbread.....put some hot sauce and vinegar in those greens.....(insert Homer Simpson drool face here LOL)

20190914_133707.jpg

Disappointed again that District Doughnut (Georgetown) just took the sweet potato pie donut (pictured right) off the menu and I always get that and the maple butter pecan donut (pictured left) together. I guess I can get a caramel apple streusel or a pumpkin cheesecake donut instead..... :emoji_confused:

20190914_172605.jpg

20190914_172806.jpg

#FirstWorldProblems :emoji_smile:

interesting 1 patty medium 1 patty well done approach

the best of both worlds
The secret is to cook them on top of each other.

It was a pretty pleasant experience, however I cut too little onion. The mandoline slicer has a learning curve and it feels like it's an accident waiting to happen.

What's the NT consensus on lettuce/tomato placing, top or bottom?

The secret is to cook them on top of each other.

It was a pretty pleasant experience, however I cut too little onion. The mandoline slicer has a learning curve and it feels like it's an accident waiting to happen.

Veggies on the bottom

Sauteed/caramalized onions on the bottom or raw diced onions on top.

Diced tomatoes on the bottom or sliced tomato on top.

I'd mix it up a bit more with 2 patties though.

Last edited:
fargin fargin Just give me the patties and the bread. Lettuce, I am OK with at best.

Tomatoes just get in the way. I don't want any added moisture to my burger coming from a TOMATOE.

The only thing I want on my burger is caramelized onions

I cut the tomatoes kind of thin and they were kinda small, so the bun didn't feel soggy at all. I would have liked to have charred the patties a little more. They were fine, but not grrrrreat.

Back
Top Bottom