FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Fathers Day Dinner
AD637155-BE65-4F4C-826A-C1418A1C85AC.jpeg
095B8276-4106-4E39-9EE3-328CA47E7A79.jpeg

Lol thanks, more like #210. I had like 5 slices of pizza hut yesterday :lol: .

I actually did the back of the napkin math in my head thinking “He only had 3 slices the week…52 weeks in a year so about 200 slices annually. How did DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican guess 200 in < 6 months?” But I see you’re putting work behind the scenes! If the Vegas line hasn’t moved yet I’m definitely betting the farm on you to runaway with this :lol:

My Sunday evening dinner at Red Robin yesterday.

I had the Southern Charm Burger.
IMG_6873.JPG

I tried out their latest gimmick milkshake, peaches and cream milkshake. There's a gang of diced peaches in it. The peach gummy rings aren't visible because they sunk in the glass.
IMG_6874.JPG

My Sunday evening dinner at Red Robin yesterday.

I had the Southern Charm Burger.
IMG_6873.JPG

I tried out their latest gimmick milkshake, peaches and cream milkshake. There's a gang of diced peaches in it. The peach gummy rings aren't visible because they sunk in the glass.
IMG_6874.JPG
What location to you go to ?

Wings and wagyu NY strip

20230521_233636.jpg
20230613_211053.jpg

Applebee's - loaded mash, loaded mac & cheese, grilled chicken, chicken tenders, and hickory bbq and buffalo wings

20230614_212609.jpg
20230614_212120.jpg

20230614_211803.jpg
20230523_234937.jpg

Popeye - Ghost pepper wings and bacon & cheese spicy chicken sandwich

20230612_170634.jpg
20230612_170559.jpg

Atlas Steakhouse - Cheeseburger and short ribs

20230607_202430.jpg
20230607_204100.jpg

I actually did the back of the napkin math in my head thinking “He only had 3 slices the week…52 weeks in a year so about 200 slices annually. How did DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican guess 200 in < 6 months?” But I see you’re putting work behind the scenes! If the Vegas line hasn’t moved yet I’m definitely betting the farm on you to runaway with this :lol:
I ❤️ 🍕 lol. The pizza hut slices were a chance encounter. The fam planned a volleyball day at the beach but it was scattered thunderstorms here & then we all just went back to my cousins place shot some hoops & he ordered us all pizza hut.

Place your bets, I won't disappoint :lol: .

There used to be a Pizza Hut 5 minutes away from me. The meatlovers pan pizza and breadsticks were fire. Surprised they're not bankrupt, not many locations here unless it's attached to a Taco Bell.

Good sandwich spots in DC? I’d like a sandwich today but I’ll be here until Sunday.

Not sure where you are going to be but some of my favorite sandwich places are are Call Your Mother (multiple locations but I usually go to the one in Capitol Hill or Georgetown), Stachowksi Market (Georgetown), Bub and Pop's (Dupont Circle), Compliments Only (Dupont Circle) and Fight Club (Capitol Hill). Some notes I tell folks:

CYM is a Jewish Deli and all their sandwiches are on their fresh bagels which are good.
Stachowski Market has huge sandwiches and it is a butcher shop so the meat is on point (pause).
Bub and Pop's (Philly Inspired) and Compliments Only are both really good BUT their sandwiches are on hoagies rolls so technically they may be more of the "sub" family and I am not sure if you are looking for that.
Fight Club has big sandwiches and more of a variety in terms of meats, toppings and how they pair them. They also have really good drinks too and a solid happy hour.

That is all I can think of for now. I would check out their menus/location to see what you like and if they are near anywhere you are headed. Hope this helps

Not sure where you are going to be but some of my favorite sandwich places are are Call Your Mother (multiple locations but I usually go to the one in Capitol Hill or Georgetown), Stachowksi Market (Georgetown), Bub and Pop's (Dupont Circle), Compliments Only (Dupont Circle) and Fight Club (Capitol Hill). Some notes I tell folks:

CYM is a Jewish Deli and all their sandwiches are on their fresh bagels which are good.
Stachowski Market has huge sandwiches and it is a butcher shop so the meat is on point (pause).
Bub and Pop's (Philly Inspired) and Compliments Only are both really good BUT their sandwiches are on hoagies rolls so technically they may be more of the "sub" family and I am not sure if you are looking for that.
Fight Club has big sandwiches and more of a variety in terms of meats, toppings and how they pair them. They also have really good drinks too and a solid happy hour.

That is all I can think of for now. I would check out their menus/location to see what you like and if they are near anywhere you are headed. Hope this helps

if you're in the georgetown area, go to wisemiller's deli and get the chicken or burger madness
Thank y’all both! Will post pics

Back
Top Bottom