FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

This what a plate should look like …

Small oxtails plate

IMG_4733.jpeg

Oxtail patty sandwich - coco bread wrap with a oxtail patty stuff with Mac and Cheese

IMG_4025.jpeg

Never. I need to keep an eye out next time I hit up an Indian spot tho :pimp:
I don't know how common it is. This was the 1st & only time I've ever seen it on a menu. Been to plenty of Desi restaurants in my life but I've never seen it on anyone's menu. But yeah try it if you come across it.

This weeks bad news for me is that our local fish & chips/pizza/kebab place is closing down. They opened about 3 years ago (just as pandemic restrictions were easing) and we’ve been pretty regular. Their stuff was good and I liked their staff.

When I went a few days ago a lot of the fittings were missing and the owner was the only one there. She told me that the utilities cost was so high that she was going to just close the company and walk away - the outstanding bill was over $50k. I feel sorry for her too as she’s worked really hard and some big company has just screwed her. She’s looked pretty stressed for a few months so it doesn’t surprise me particularly but it’s just a shame.

In better news I’ve found a new TexMex place that we’re trying. 20 minutes away but we’ll see.

That’s nuts utilities are so much over there. Is it because of the war?

I feel bad for her.

My food truck was a couple hundred a month in propane. We used as much as any restaurant would.

That’s nuts utilities are so much over there. Is it because of the war?

I feel bad for her.

My food truck was a couple hundred a month in propane. We used as much as any restaurant would.

They’re using that as an excuse but it’s a whole lot of things. It’s a bit of supply and demand and obviously Ukraine affects that. For some reason although we use a lot of renewables (particularly wind) the cost of electricity is pegged to the cost of gas. It’s not even just the cost of the fuel but they’ve put the daily charge up so even if you kept your heating off all winter you were still paying twice as much as a few years ago - and most people are 3x. It’s basically extreme legal government sanctioned price gouging.

Plus, a food place like that has their ovens and fryers going for hours each day so their usage is higher.

I’m really lucky at work that I tied into a long one a few years ago at the current rate so it doesn’t affect me. My home isn’t bad either but I’m still paying about $150 a month more than I used to.

The cost to the suppliers has stabilised a bit but they’re still charging a lot and the government support has stopped now I think.

We used to have nationalised utilities but a conservative government sold them all off because the competition would be good for consumers.

Guess what happened - private companies all just charge more for a crappier service.

So, basically offshore companies are making a huge profit at the expense of the people and the government doesn’t care.

Would veggie powder bring same benefits as real vegetables? NEED to incorporate more but having trouble. All the green juices have too many carbs and I’m diabetic

Would veggie powder bring same benefits as real vegetables? NEED to incorporate more but having trouble. All the green juices have too many carbs and I’m diabetic

Juice isn’t a good way - as you say there’s a lot of sugar added.

I’m sure veggie powder is better than nothing but whole vegetables have other benefits like extra fibre so I think you’d be better adding them.

Juice isn’t a good way - as you say there’s a lot of sugar added.

I’m sure veggie powder is better than nothing but whole vegetables have other benefits like extra fibre so I think you’d be better adding them.
I know but being realistic with myself, I’m not gonna do it lol. I was reading up and some looked pretty good on fiber content

You can use the green powder to SUPPLEMENT what you are getting but it isn't a replacement.

Try and get veggies in the morning for breakfast. People somehow forget greens can be eaten at 9 am but they never forget to eat pastries (muffins, cakes), doughnuts, and drink milkshakes disguised as "coffees. "

I know but being realistic with myself, I’m not gonna do it lol. I was reading up and some looked pretty good on fiber content

You better find a way to do it man. If not you are potentially cutting your life short. Maybe write out a plan to help you be more disciplined?

What are you typically eating throughout the day?

They’re using that as an excuse but it’s a whole lot of things. It’s a bit of supply and demand and obviously Ukraine affects that. For some reason although we use a lot of renewables (particularly wind) the cost of electricity is pegged to the cost of gas. It’s not even just the cost of the fuel but they’ve put the daily charge up so even if you kept your heating off all winter you were still paying twice as much as a few years ago - and most people are 3x. It’s basically extreme legal government sanctioned price gouging.

Plus, a food place like that has their ovens and fryers going for hours each day so their usage is higher.

I’m really lucky at work that I tied into a long one a few years ago at the current rate so it doesn’t affect me. My home isn’t bad either but I’m still paying about $150 a month more than I used to.

The cost to the suppliers has stabilised a bit but they’re still charging a lot and the government support has stopped now I think.

We used to have nationalised utilities but a conservative government sold them all off because the competition would be good for consumers.

Guess what happened - private companies all just charge more for a crappier service.

So, basically offshore companies are making a huge profit at the expense of the people and the government doesn’t care.

None of that is surprising. People act like America is the only place that happens. Thanks for the response.

I got downvoted on reddit because I suggested people might not care if a place has a michelin star.

I had some “pho” the other day. Got the one with all the meats. Just doesn’t do it for me. It’s whatever. Should’ve gone with the bahn mi.
A20BBEC9-2C01-4E24-8ED4-46DA91275BAC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom