FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

swear this **** was still mooing…
IMG_7405.jpeg

“Washing” is really just letting it soak in vinegar or lime etc vs what people picture. You could totally add salt and seasonings at the same time to make it a brine or post washing if you prefer. You do it mainly for prepackaged poultry or anything that comes in with that “raw” smell or some sort of slimy coating. So steak probably not needed, even that Whole Foods air dried chicken in that skit, probably not needed. Even then some folks do it on everything out of habit, nothing is lost to me vs without it on chicken or fish I’ll still taste the rawness through the cook.

Jumping in the Taco Bell talk. My son and I always, and I mean always, get TB for movies. Easy to sneak in.

Sssoooo we went to the first showing of Spiderverse yesterday.

Screenshot_20230705_082747.jpg

That gave us the rare opportunity to do TB's bfast.

Screenshot_20230705_082655_Taco Bell.jpg

🔥😋

When I "wash" my poultry it is essentially the same process as a quick brine.

Meaning I don't sit my chicken under a faucets and blast water onto the surface of it.

So me calling it a wash is a half truth.
Why do we keep explaining this to certain folk?

Not gonna convince or change any minds.

Or that you're wrong?

I think the reason you think we do it doesn't match our actual reason for doing it. (which M Mark Antony explained)

So based on that stipulation, sure we are wrong.

If you are going to use a marinade with your poultry, are you still giving it a shower first?

Yea, I still give it a nice clean shower before hand.

Just make sure you drain the excess water (which should have already happen) before using the marinade.

Jumping in the Taco Bell talk. My son and I always, and I mean always, get TB for movies. Easy to sneak in.

Sssoooo we went to the first showing of Spiderverse yesterday.

Screenshot_20230705_082747.jpg

That gave us the rare opportunity to do TB's bfast.

Screenshot_20230705_082655_Taco Bell.jpg

🔥😋

Father of the god damn year right here. Taco Bell and a movie :pimp:

Might need to try this. We got a Taco Bell right near the movie theater we go to

Back
Top Bottom