FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not photogenic but it was good. Lipids looking sad today.

IMG_0926.jpeg

So glad it was my wife’s turn to pay for lunch lol
C424385F-2175-4410-96C7-E713104AB526.jpeg

IMG_9105.png

Speaking of subs I randomly stopped by the subway up the street from me and these fools have the nerve to be charging $17 for a footlong. Who the hell does subway think they are. Man I miss Wawa so much since moving down south. I could get a healthy footlong and a Nantucket Nectar for under $10.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican - see the rising cost of lunch prices? Need to get people on the Hill to look into this. Americans are quietly getting priced out of lunch whether they prepare it at home or go out to eat |l

Legit was nothing worth a damn within a 10 minute drive of my old neighborhood.

I refuse to use food delivery.

So if I didn't have cooked food, I would just drive 3 mins and get Subway.
Join the group I showed you. Discounts to be had.

Also ordering on the app for pickup is clutch too otw home.

My Ice Cream Brother :nthat:
1695144065363.gif

Is that better than Halo Top? Do you eem like Halo Top? The major appeal to me there is the low calorie count. Can really throw them thangs byke

nick’s >>> halo top

i used to mess with halo top when it was the only calorie-conscious ice cream available. but it was always hit or miss for me. sometimes the texture of their nut-based cream was off; would be more pasty and chalky than creamy. and sometimes their artificial sweeteners would leave a strange after taste.

nick’s for the most part is on the money. texture is pretty much like dreyers. definitely not as sweet but i’m not expecting that when it’s about 12g total for a three serving container. not to mention it has a decent amount of protein. best part about it is, like you said, i can knock back a whole pint, feel satiated but not feel guilty at all.

i need to try more of their flavors tho.

nick’s >>> halo top

i used to mess with halo top when it was the only calorie-conscious ice cream available. but it was always hit or miss for me. sometimes the texture of their nut-based cream was off; would be more pasty and chalky than creamy. and sometimes their artificial sweeteners would leave a strange after taste.

nick’s for the most part is on the money. texture is pretty much like dreyers. definitely not as sweet but i’m not expecting that when it’s about 12g total for a three serving container. not to mention it has a decent amount of protein. best part about it is, like you said, i can knock back a whole pint, feel satiated but not feel guilty at all.

pause

nick’s >>> halo top

Yeah the texture being off sometimes was definitely a thing. I thought I was alone on that one :lol: I am reupping this weekend so ima look for a Nick’s to go with my Jeni’s #IceCreamMatchMaker

I haven't been keeping up but.. has this already been discussed? Which is the best? I only mess with Count Chocula because I haven't had the others. I'm not a huge cereal eater but Count Chocula is in my Top 5

halloweencereal.jpg

I haven't been keeping up but.. has this already been discussed? Which is the best? I only mess with Count Chocula because I haven't had the others. I'm not a huge cereal eater but Count Chocula is in my Top 5

halloweencereal.jpg

count chocula, easy

halloweencereal.jpg

Boo berry for me.

Never seen frute brute. :lol:

Some made at home chicken keema for lunch. Perfect timing as I happen to have hero rolls laying around. It hit the spot.
20230920_131615.jpg
20230920_143834.jpg

man i love keema...my dad makes it with beef and always HITS :pimp:

never thought to make it into a grinder...need to do that next time i'm home :pimp:

man i love keema...my dad makes it with beef and always HITS :pimp:

never thought to make it into a grinder...need to do that next time i'm home :pimp:
I :emoji_hearts: beef keema it's 1 of my top 5 desi foods. Chicken is good too but beef just hits different. Yeah you can always use the grinder to make it more minced, we always just have our butcher run it through the machine at the shop so its texture is ready to go when cooking. I don't know about regular American shops but just about all desi grocery shops offer that which is great.

Did your dad ever do the whole green pepper twist on his keema? My mother back in the day would cook the keema & than cut open & gut out the green bell pepper add the keema into it than close it up with thread & bake it. When I tell you that was 1 of the greatest most delicious foods I've ever eaten- heavenly...ahh the memories. It looked something like this when done. I don't know why desi but mainly Paki restaurants don't offer this variant on keema dishes.

1695236583420.png

1695236660965.png

Back
Top Bottom