FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

exactly what Lawdog1 said. I got a Lego one for my boys. Each day they open a slot/compartment and they get a Lego. The one I have is jam.

We always had them with candy when I was young - generally lousy chocolate but ones with fun size bars got popular later.

This year my wife got me the Lego Marvel one.

20231125_204846.jpg

20231125_204357.jpg

20231125_212853.jpg

20231125_171502.jpg

20231125_223442.jpg

20231126_071753.jpg

20231126_082946.jpg

20231127_232101.jpg

20231126_171331.jpg

20231126_174315.jpg

We always had them with candy when I was young - generally lousy chocolate but ones with fun size bars got popular later.

This year my wife got me the Lego Marvel one.
My kids would have loved that one. I got some knock of legos building blocks which I’m sure they will appreciate also.

First year doing this so it will be fun that everyone get to open something everyday.

IMG_3929.jpeg
IMG_3930.jpeg

Someone needs to introduce the good people at Royal Caribbean to street tacos. They're probably cheaper than pizza.

Pizza definitely is cheaper and can feed more people and fill more folks up per serving.

Also, much easier to mass produce.

IMG_4611.jpeg

Pulled up to Astoria for some hummus, habibi. Chicken shawarma bowl at Duzan.
We used to mess with Duzan heavy back in the day. But after they renovated in 2016 they weren't the same. We found Brillo pad in our schnitzel order.

The owner acknowledged the mistake which is great but we just never went back & don't plan on it ever. Theres way too many other excellent food options on Steinway St to choose from.

A few doors down from Duzan on the corner of Astoria Blvd is Texas Chicken & Burgers- have you ever tried them out? They're pretty good.

Jesus a Brillo pad in your food?

Speaking of - what’s the worst thing you’ve found in your food?

I think I told it here already but one time at the manufacturer of cakes de cheese I had a piece of glass in my drink that I thought was a piece of ice, so I bit on it and almost broke my tooth. :smh

I think I told it here already but one time at the manufacturer of cakes de cheese I had a piece of glass in my drink that I thought was a piece of ice, so I bit on it and almost broke my tooth. :smh
Yes sir a good ole silver brown-ish in color used brillo pad :smh: . Nothing like dirty sink residue to add flavor to your schnitzel :lol:. IIRC it was in 2 out of our 3 orders which is more reason for us to never return.

Had it been one item yeah we could've assumed this was a one time isolated incident but nope, that wasn't the case. This is the risk we all assume when we go out to eat. Health inspection grades are wonderful but you just never know what's going on behind closed doors.

In your case a piece of glass, yeah, you should've sued them, bro. That could've sliced your tongue & throat open very badly.

Yes sir a good ole silver brown-ish in color used brillo pad :smh: . Nothing like dirty sink residue to add flavor to your schnitzel :lol:. IIRC it was in 2 out of our 3 orders which is more reason for us to never return.

Had it been one item yeah we could've assumed this was a one time isolated incident but nope, that wasn't the case. This is the risk we all assume when we go out to eat. Health inspection grades are wonderful but you just never know what's going on behind closed doors.

In your case a piece of glass, yeah, you should've sued them, bro. That could've sliced your tongue & throat open very badly.
Real question - could I have sued? It wasn’t a massive piece, it was more a tiny pebble sized shard but big enough for me to feel it as a piece of broken off “ice” when I drank.

Had been causally looking for a new cutting board since ours was kinda warped. For the first time since I’ve been a member (couple years), Costco finally carried a big one, and it was a pretty good deal relative to what I had been seeing. Pulled the trigger.
783490E3-97FF-476E-A61A-F1A041ED036E.jpeg
how much was this and what are the dimensions?

i would recommend you a hi-soft chopping board especially since i know you use a shun knife. i don’t know if you are familiar but it’s almost like a dense rubber and will prolong all your knives.

how much was this and what are the dimensions?

i would recommend you a hi-soft chopping board especially since i know you use a shun knife. i don’t know if you are familiar but it’s almost like a dense rubber and will prolong all your knives.
It was $60.

24x18

Not familiar but definitely good to know.

Real question - could I have sued? It wasn’t a massive piece, it was more a tiny pebble sized shard but big enough for me to feel it as a piece of broken off “ice” when I drank.
I'm no legal expert but glass in food can end very badly for the customer being served the food. Like biggie62 biggie62 mentioned the internal bleeding & lacerations could've been pretty severe. Pebble sized shard is big enough to make life hell.

I'm no legal expert but glass in food can end very badly for the customer being served the food. Like biggie62 biggie62 mentioned the internal bleeding & lacerations could've been pretty severe. Pebble sized shard is big enough to make life hell.

It’s complicated, but to try and sum it up simple yes, there’s probably a basis for a valid lawsuit with this kind of incident, but if the foreign object in the food does not actually cause any tangible physical harm, then suing isn’t going to result in much of a pay day.

Generally speaking, for a lawsuit to be worthwhile to pursue, the plaintiff has to be able to show both that the other side was at fault/did something negligent and that they were somehow damaged by that conduct. So, for example, if something in someone’s food actually caused an injury, leading to medical bills, missed time form work, etc., they’d possibly be able to recover some money over it. They could also allege “Emotional distress” damages, but those are very hard to prove and quantify.

Last Summer, I went to Lucille's with wifey and the pulled pork had plastic all inside the meat.. It was clearly pieces of the bag that meat was packaged in :sick:

They brought me another plate after I told them I didn't want anything else and said it's on the house... I asked the manager would you eat another plate if this **** was in your food and she hit me with the...

yes-no.gif

I told them I'm not paying for anything and walked out :lol:

Last Summer, I went to Lucille's with wifey and the pulled pork had plastic all inside the meat.. It was clearly pieces of the bag that meat was packaged in :sick:

They brought me another plate after I told them I didn't want anything else and said it's on the house... I asked the manager would you eat another plate if this **** was in your food and she hit me with the...

yes-no.gif

I told them I'm not paying for anything and walked out :lol:
Had a similar experience with Chipotle the other month - wife got carnitas tacos and one of them had a decent sized cut of the plastic bag it came in in it.

Needless to say I have the food back, asked for a refund, and we left. Lol they offered to make us another but I was like nahhhh we’re kinda over it

We used to mess with Duzan heavy back in the day. But after they renovated in 2016 they weren't the same. We found Brillo pad in our schnitzel order.

The owner acknowledged the mistake which is great but we just never went back & don't plan on it ever. Theres way too many other excellent food options on Steinway St to choose from.

A few doors down from Duzan on the corner of Astoria Blvd is Texas Chicken & Burgers- have you ever tried them out? They're pretty good.

I was concerned about something like that happening. The restaurant is currently undergoing renovations. Thankfully, there were no unwanted objects in my meal.

I’m hearing about Zyara and Al-Sham which are nearby. I might hit up one of those on the weekend.

I did eat at that Texas spot once a few years ago. It was the same day Egypt had some big soccer match, the Egyptians were turning up in the street. I forgot what I ordered from there tho. It might’ve been a chicken sandwich. I think I went around the time that the Popeyes chicken craze was happening.

It’s complicated, but to try and sum it up simple yes, there’s probably a basis for a valid lawsuit with this kind of incident, but if the foreign object in the food does not actually cause any tangible physical harm, then suing isn’t going to result in much of a pay day.

Generally speaking, for a lawsuit to be worthwhile to pursue, the plaintiff has to be able to show both that the other side was at fault/did something negligent and that they were somehow damaged by that conduct. So, for example, if something in someone’s food actually caused an injury, leading to medical bills, missed time form work, etc., they’d possibly be able to recover some money over it. They could also allege “Emotional distress” damages, but those are very hard to prove and quantify.
Well put & it all makes sense. Thankfully nothing severe happened to our boy spizike231 spizike231
I was concerned about something like that happening. The restaurant is currently undergoing renovations. Thankfully, there were no unwanted objects in my meal.

I’m hearing about Zyara and Al-Sham which are nearby. I might hit up one of those on the weekend.

I did eat at that Texas spot once a few years ago. It was the same day Egypt had some big soccer match, the Egyptians were turning up in the street. I forgot what I ordered from there tho. It might’ve been a chicken sandwich. I think I went around the time that the Popeyes chicken craze was happening.
They're renovating again? Its only been 7 years since their last one, lol. I got to look up Zyara but I've been going to Al-Sham for over 15 years now & they are amazing. Try their cheese Kunafa, its delicious. If you like Baklava Al-Sham has a vast selection & literally ALL of them are excellent. Try a few out & report back.

Back
Top Bottom