foolish to get a haircut once a week?

I go every 2 weeks. It's 24+5 tip. I get a side sweeping undercut blended with a fade down to a .5 on the sides. The sides start looking sloppier after a week so If I had the money/time I would go more frequently.

My barber wasn't great at first but I'm nitpicky and she was legitimately paying attention/trying to fix everything I nitpicked at. Worked with her to get it perfect. Barbers who care > super skilled barbers.

Y'all better invest in a pair of Andis T-Outliners and some BGRC clippers (or Wahl Senior/Oster Fast Feed).

Man I got 2 uncles and 3 cousins that are barbers. One of my cousins used to cut me but that changed recently. Known fact about most Dominican barbershops if they are sober you are more likely to end up with a wack cut lol. Just make sure the barber is not a drunk which is what happen with my cousin. Quality of the cuts kept on going down so I switched to one of my homies from high school and it's been awesome since he is younger and more hip to now because some Dominican barbers are too stuck in their ways.

I usually go every fri, sat, or sun, the day depends if anything is popping for the weekend but it's one of those days every week. I pay 20-25 depends if I got any dollar bills but the cut itself I think I'm not too sure is $20 then anything on top of that is tip. I rotate every week, I'll chop some off on top get a 3 and a blowout then the next week I'll just shape it up and get a blowout again but pay the same every week.

I just believe in staying fresh and looking sharp so weekly is a must for me.

I go every 2 weeks. It's 24+5 tip. I get a side sweeping undercut blended with a fade down to a .5 on the sides. The sides start looking sloppier after a week so If I had the money/time I would go more frequently.

My barber wasn't great at first but I'm nitpicky and she was legitimately paying attention/trying to fix everything I nitpicked at. Worked with her to get it perfect. Barbers who care > super skilled barbers.
Facts man. Some ppl just be tryna rush thru the cut. Naw take your time and perfect and I'll keep coming back.

My boy has a female barber so we always clowning him.

I live in Atlanta and my barber is good. He charges 25 and appointments only. My only nitpick is edging of the beard. I get it edged to the widest (Full Beard). Has a tendency to make the mustatche too damn skinny. I don't let him touch it. When I visit my home (Orlando) I go to a Dominican Female barber. She does a great job on everything including the beard. Probably one of the best barbers I've ever had. She's overall more precise and patient. That razor line is everything.

I live in Atlanta and my barber is good. He charges 25 and appointments only. My only nitpick is edging of the beard. I get it edged to the widest (Full Beard). Has a tendency to make the mustatche too damn skinny. I don't let him touch it. When I visit my home (Orlando) I go to a Dominican Female barber. She does a great job on everything including the beard. Probably one of the best barbers I've ever had. She's overall more precise and patient. That razor line is everything.

I've managed to get that razor line down. But one slip and it's over :lol:

I hold my breath when my barber uses the straight edge :lol: One of my biggest fears is being sliced like butter.

Yo. The best cuts I ever had was from a Haitian dude. The first time I went to him he cut my hair how I wanted it then said he was gonna line it up.i said cool .he went to the bathroom and came back out with a fresh pack of razors took one out ,prepped it and started walking towards me and I was in the chair like

View media item 2228347
But when he got done I was feeling like

View media item 2228358

Last edited:
That razor sharp **** don't look right to me man, could never really rock with it

Back when I had hair, my first time gettin the straight razor had me feelin like I could walk outside, snap my fingers, and two fine chocolate shorties would just spin into my arms and call me "daddy"

I hold my breath when my barber uses the straight edge :lol: One of my biggest fears is being sliced like butter.

I'll never forget when I eat like 16,cats were in the shop clowning each other. While I was getting the razor line done, one dude had on some little black low top joints and somebody said they look like the shoes punters wear, man i tried my best not to laugh but that mess had me in tears. My barber was like 'you might want to stop all that laughing with this blade this close' 'lol

That's including the tip?

BTW, what's a good aftershave y'all use/your barber uses?

2_450.jpg

Cool, i'll hit up wallgreens and pick it up.

Last edited:
I want to cop a bevel liner cause I shape myself up in between cuts but that **** is TOO EXPENSIVE :smh:

What's the learning period time wise for cutting your own hair?

And how do you guys fade your neck?

Back
Top Bottom