Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

Good!

Other being an *******, what do u gain from playing spoiler?

Something I would never understand.
3f4.gif

:lol: live ya life
Nola so nasty though lol....been once, that was enough
I heard they made an effort to cut down on that stuff. I went in 2010 and the strippers were literally outside on Bourbob street dancing and beckoning you in like sirens. Just the right kind of grimy

No, Putting Garlic in Your Vagina Will Not Cure a Yeast Infection
Myth busted.
upload_2019-4-28_20-15-19.png

https://www.oprahmag.com/life/health/a27245254/garlic-vagina-yeast-infection-myth-dr-guntner/

There's a nasty rumor that's been around for years that women in need of a yeast infection cure should look no further than the produce aisle. The myth states that the simple act of inserting a garlic clove into your treasured female bits will help to remedy the entirely unpleasant sensation that anyone in possession of a vagina has at some point experienced.

It turns out this DIY method is actually not an effective treatment for that internal burning or itching. In fact, it can actually harm your lady garden. And that's why Dr. Jen Gunter, OBGYN and author of The Vagina Bible, wrote a (now viral) thread of tweets to end the cycle of fake vajayjay news.

At least twice a month, she tells us, her patients inform her that they've attempted to self "medicate" with garlic. The legend is so pervasive, she says, because it's a long-standing tale that's now being further spread by resources like Our Bodies, Ourselves which "people consider legitimate" and automatically believe.

Why you should not put garlic in your vagina.
A thread.
Garlic contains allicin, in THE LAB it MAY have antifungal (i.e. anti yeast) properties. This is in a lab, not even in mice. Just a dish of cells. Your vagina is not a dish of cells. #vaginaisanogarliczone 1/8

— Jennifer Gunter (@DrJenGunter) April 23, 2019
Why is Gunter taking a stand? Besides the fact that she's had to "dig little pieces of garlic out of vaginas at work, which doesn't make people happy," she adds that using garlic in this fashion is "completely unstudied." Sure, it does have a compound with antifungal properties that's been tested to a small extent—but "something that is seen in a petri dish in a lab is different from what's happening in your vagina."

Lots of vaginal garlic aficionados (I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TWEET THAT IN 2019, BUT HERE WE ARE) recommend inserting a clove. This means they don't understand for allicin to be released the garlic has to be cut or crushed. Sigh. #vaginaisanogarliczone 2/8

Plus, for it to even work in a lab setting, the garlic would need to be crushed to release the compounds, she explains. So she can't stress enough how little putting a whole clove inside yourself will do. Not to mention the fact that introducing anything that's touched soil into your body—no matter how thoroughly it's been washed—can lead to more harm than a yeast infection by damaging the good bacteria women have.

Garlic could have bacteria from the soil. Bacteria from the soil can be pathogenic -- bad for the body. That's why we clean wounds. If you actually happen to have an inflamed yeasty vagina that soil bacteria would be more likely to infect #vaginaisanogarliczone 3/8

She also says that "About 50 to 70 percent of women who think they have a yeast infection actually have something else, so you don’t know what you could be treating."

To the naysayers who claim it's worked for them, Dr. Guntner tries to respond to them directly on Twitter. "There’s a powerful placebo effect," she says. "And these women might not have had a yeast infection (which can go away on its own, regardless) in the first place."

Dr. Guntner explains that she also just hopes to stop the cycle of misinformation. "Part of the problem is women have been mistreated and dismissed by patriarchal medicine, which is why I'm outspoken."

"I want to fill in the knowledge gaps so women can be empowered. I let them know that I'm not discrediting their experience or dismissing their symptoms when I say that garlic doesn't work. I'm just saying that while they might have had symptoms, garlic wasnot what treated them. If it worked for you, you just got lucky," she says.

While her tweets may feel like an affront to anyone who went the homeopathic err, "root," she says, "I try my best not to blame the woman who feels she was driven to it. Medicine drove her to that. Naturopaths drove her to that. My anger is at the things that made a woman feel that desperate that led her to do that. I want to give them the education so they know topical antifungals—which you can get over-the-counter—are very safe."

And while we're at it. Please refrain from putting yogurt—another common DIY treatment—in your fanny, she asks. Your breakfast shouldn't be near your genital tract.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-28_20-6-45.gif
    upload_2019-4-28_20-6-45.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 12
  • upload_2019-4-28_20-6-45.gif
    upload_2019-4-28_20-6-45.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 10
"If you don't want shows or movies you're following to be spoiled you should just stay off the internet altogether, even in places were there shouldn't even be spoilers, because people like myself exist."

Solid logic.

Point taken, wasn’t trying to be a douche, but the show is pop culture phenomenon, same with Endgame, how you can possibly steer clear of all spoilers when they are trending everywhere you look is besides me, but I placed it in spoiler tags, because my intention wasn’t to ruin anything....now calm ya ****, I edited the post within 3 minutes of posting it.

Wait, did I post a spoiler? Why was it deleted?

I just thought the news was about someone getting beat up for spoiling End Games.

Back
Top Bottom